Nineteen: Turning Twenty

13 years later

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to you!"  They sang as Natalia was about to blow the candles that her Father was holding

"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday to you!" They sang as Natalia was about to blow the candles that her Father was holding. It was a small ube cake with the candle numbers 20 on top of it. "1, 2, 3..." they all cheered as she blow the candles. Leni sat beside Natalia and hugged her, enjoying the quality time she's spending with her daughter. "ate Nat! Happy Birthday!" a thirteen year old Soleil greeted. 

Natalia wanted her twentieth birthday to be simple. They celebrated it in her favorite restaurant which served the best scallops in town. Natalia always loved eating scallops, she eats it as a snack whenever she gets bored since her dad always buy her whatever they wanted.

"Anak, I can't believe you're twenty already! Grabe parang kailan lang you were still six when we first met!" Bongbong said kissing his daughter's temple. "Oo nga Dad eh, Kamiss tuloy maging bata. Lagi lang kaming hinahabol ni Mama" Natalia said which put laughter at the table. "I'd like to make a toast, anak" Bongbong spoke, holding Natalia's hand.

"To my dear daughter Natalia, who just turned twenty a few minutes ago, I want to say that you're still my baby even if we have Sola. I love you so much darling and even you know naman na even if wala presence ko during your first to six years of life, ay bawi parin ako everyday" He started speaking as he added "And I'm always here for you, okay?" He reassured as they toast wine.

"Suprise!" They all shouted as their family and friends planned a surprise birthday party for Natalia. "Hala! A for Apakalakas ng sigaw niyo po! Nakakagulat" Natalia chuckled thanking everyone who greeted her.

Once Imelda did a toast with everyone, Imee was carrying a cake and everyone sang Happy Birthday. Natalia couldn't help but feel so happy and grateful that her family loves her and still manage to do all of those for her. She blew the candles and started tearing up as she confessed she's twenty and getting older day by day.

She walked to her parents and hugged her mom who was beside her dad which was feeding Leni a slice of dessert. "Mama, I'm so big na, hindi mo na ko ma hug parang dati" Natalia cried knowing in a a year, she'll graduate college and probably travel abroad. "Atleast anak, niyayakap padin kita kahit sobrang laki mo na diba? At kahit naman malaki ka na ay yayakapin padin kita no." Leni said, now embracing her daughter for comfort.

"That's true anak, even if you're so big and tall na, we won't stop hugging and kissing you. Sobrang clingy mo kaya anak, that's why you never part from us. 7 hotel bed rooms away ka nga lang samin iiyakan mo pa" bongbong teased making Natalia cheer up. "Eh dad naman eh, you know I still love sleeping beside you and mama, kahit nga si sola minsan nahuhulog na sa bed kaka usog ko sa side mo Dad eh"  she explained as she drank her wine.

All Natalia's classmates were partying as they were celebrating their classmates birthday. Bongbong took a sip of his wine and left it in the table as he went to his sister who was with Leni. "Manang, I'll talk to Leni muna" he said and held Leni's hand.

They went upstairs and sat on the balcony, hands were still intact. Leni was looking at him as she smiled, not believing this was all happening.

"Grabe, bilis ng panahon diba? Parang kailan lang Natalia was seven when you gave birth tapos ngayon dalawa na sila, and parehong dalaga na." Bongbong said gleefully as they're watching the moon. "Oo nga eh, parang kailan lang talaga kaka-panganak ko pa lang kay Sola tapos nung nag Baguio tayo tapos nung dinala natin si Sola at Nat sa DisneyLand or nung nag Japan tayo tapos ikaw muntikan kapa mawala" Leni brought up making them both chuckle with her response.

"Yeah I remember that, kasalanan kasi nung map that's why I almost parted from you guys, partida pa nun dala-dala ko food ni Irene, grabe nga yung Japn Trip na yun. Muntikan ako mawala while buying food for a craving Irene. Pero at least hindi siya nanganak sa Japan, right?"Bongbong reminisced all the years they had spent together.

"Yes Mahal, tapos nung three si Sola naghihingi ng sibling kaya ginawa mo dinala mo siya sa Cambodia, France at South Korea para lang makalimutan yung hinihingi niya. Remembering that year makes me laugh lagi" Leni smiled responding to her husband who was enjoying at listening to her response.

"Mahal, I still can't believe this happened to us no. Like if hindi tayo na fall for each other or yung nag camp before at " ginawa si natalia " this could've not happened." Bongbong couldn't believe that in just a span of two decades they already had a beautiful family of their own.

"Mahal, ikaw ang na fall nung una. Hindi ako" she corrected him. "Okay po Boss, tama ka naman" he laughed and kissed her temple.

They were having a wonderful time just by talking to each other as their talking came to a halt when they heard someone chuckle lightly. Leni and Bongbong turned their heads and saw their two daughters who were sitting behind them, not realizing they had been listening to them talk for a couple of minutes now.

"Mama ha!"

"Daddy ha!"

The two said in unison as they were still laughing at their parent's reaction to them listening at their conversation.

"Well I mean we're all here so Mahal, Thank you for the love that kept us all together, Thank you for for making our life better, and what I mean by that is Thank you for everything Mahal. We owe everything to you" Bongbong admitted as he kissed his wife on the lips.

"I love you, Three" Leni said as she hugged them. "Thank you din Mahal dahil lagi mo kaming inuuna" Leni said, hugging them tighter.

"Happy 13th wedding anniversary Mahal! At the same time Birthday din ni Nat!" Bongbong said giving her a box which contained a gold and pink necklace inside. He wore it to her and kissed Leni's neck.

"Ay, Oo nga pala! Super busy ako kaka-alala ng Birthday ni Nat, 13th Anniv pala natin ngayon Mahal! I'm sorry!" She covered her face with the palm of her hands.

"Eh, don't be embarrassed Mahal, It's normal since nasa 50s na tayo." He replied.

"Thank you talaga Mahal for everything, and you know what I always say to you, Even if there are multiple multiverse, I would and Always in All ways choose you to be my lover, Maria Leonor Gerona Marcos. Mahal kita lagi." He teared up saying those.

"Padaba Taka, Mahal." They kissed and enjoyed the night, also not forgetting on celebrating their daughter's birthday.