A smirk grazed my lips and I chuckled at his reaction, my hand covering my mouth to muffle the sound.

"What's wrong with me?" He huffed, his face scrunched up in annoyance.

"She just doesn't want to see you."

"I won't let her speak to Daisy alone, so I guess we won't be coming."

I opened my mouth to protest, but Kintel beat me to it.

"She won't be alone. I can accompany her."

Kai paused, rubbing the nape of his neck, thinking it over.

"I don't know. If she turns on her, I won't be able to protect her."

His face was now serious and I could see the torment in his eyes.

"She won't hurt her, Kai. Besides, I am more than capable of protecting her."

"Please, Kai." I interrupted, leaning forwards to place my hand on his knee.

He rubbed his hand across his face. "Fine, but I'll be outside the door, ready to rip her head off if she even looks at Daisy the wrong way."

"Got it. I'll let Florna know. See you soon, brother."

Kai ended the phone call and I crawled onto his lap, wrapping my arms around him. "Thank you." I breathed in his ear.

He hummed, closing his eyes, resting his head against mine.

"I swear, if she tries anything, she's as good as dead."

His arms wrapped around me and I nodded. "I'll be ok."

We soon left, making our way to the the holding cells. They were located in a quiet area, far away from any houses and civilisation and I was surprised to see that there were no guards outside and it looked nothing like I'd expected.

It was a plain white building with no windows and only one door. Flowerbeds littered the outside, with a single narrow path leading upto the front door.

I grew nervous when we stepped inside and Kai took my hand in his, gently squeezing it to help keep me calm.

There was a fierce looking guy sat behind a desk, a weapon of some sort strapped to his chest.

When his eyes glanced up at Kai, his back straighed up, his shoulders tensed and he stood to his feet swiftly.

"Commander Kai. We have been awaiting your presence."

He wasn't so scary after all, I thought, stifling a grin as I looked down at my feet.

Kintel rounded a corner, calling my name when he saw me and I looked up to greet him.

"Daisy, please come this way."

I looked up at Kai, waiting for his permission.

"It's alright, go on." He smiled.

I hurried over to Kintel and I couldn't help but take in his appearance.

He was tired, his hair shabby with creased clothes that looked like they could do with a wash.

"Hey." I smiled softly and he gestured for me to follow him.

He led me into a waiting room and we sat down opposite each other while we waited for Kai.

"How are you?" He asked, his voice quiet.

"I'm ok, thank you. You?"

I looked up at him and I could tell he wasn't doing great.

"I've been better." He shrugged.

"What about Florna?" I asked, tentatively.

He sighed, rubbing his tired eyes.