Chapter 8: Clash at the Kongo

********
Kongo Jungle

As the heroes speed down, they come across a brown bridge, and get a good look at their surroundings. The large waterfall sticks out, adding more  to the lakes below. There's a valley of trees sharing the space. That's only one part of this large jungle.

Yoshi speeds up ahead, and gets between the brothers. "Me and a few friends come here every year, and it's still nice for a Jungle." The dinosaur admits, pulling out a fruit and gobbling it. "The bananas I can eat out here..."

A few monkeys swing around, and Yoshi literally jumps up and down. "Oh my god they're so cute!" One of them smacks the other out of midair, putting a frown on Yoshi's face.

"Awww.."

Daisy speeds up, leaving their medic in the back. "It's fabulous! I'll take two vacations."

"Nothing happens in Sarasaland, every day's a vacation." Luigi pokes.

"Didn't know you had a mouth on you.."

Mario chuckles. "Ohhh you're in trouble. Hope you can still go."

"I'll give him some trouble alright."

Their communicators go off, and the Doctor gives his two cents. "This is sweet, but we're coming up on the gate."

"Oh doc!" Yoshi shouts. "When we get there, put on a smile because some of the Kongs are uh...judgy!"

"They fling their own crap at each other, they can't judge me."

Mario winces. "Oof. Falling for the stereotypes.."

Eventually, they come to the door, with a giant face of an ancient Kong is on there. The stone and moss around it sticks out to Daisy specifically. "Gotta ask: who even founded this?"

"Not even I know.." Mario admits. "

The Doctor goes to leave his kart, but the older brother gets onto him. "Stop!"

"Why? We do this every time."

"There's still a drive."

"S-STILL?"

All Mario returns is a nod, as a Yellow Kong comes bursting through! It roars at the crew, as Yoshi and the Doc flinch! Luigi jumps from his kart! Mario doesn't even have a reaction, but Daisy jumps from her seat, pointing finger at him. "This whole act of yours is getting real old! Are you gonna let us see your king? Or are you gonna keep scaring my friends?"

"Hmph."

The two have a staredown. They are unwavering, it's like a contest to them. The kong blows her off and turns to Mario, unimpressed. "Need to see the king?"

"Yes."

"Follow me."

That monkey gets out of the way and gestures towards their town. The destination is obvious to everyone except the Doc. As the five race through, they swerve past loose bananas.

"The littering epidemic is concerning." The Doctor comments.

"That's the way of the jungle." Mario knows this place more than anyone in the party, it's just common for him now.

They speed past the shop, and Yoshi's dreams come true. A shopkeeper holds a banana, and he sends his tongue out to snatch it right from him!

"YOU SCUMBAG!"