Chapter 1: Party Crashers

Hello everyone! This is the first chapter of "Super Mario Genesis." This story isn't just based on seasons. Every arc will be featured here. This is the start of the first one. I'll clarify, this isn't a full on origin story, but you'll still get to see the characters you know and love!

(Thanks to RealCrimR for the "Genesis" part)

Enough talk from me. On with the content!

***************
Star Carnival

The crowd's roaring, confetti's flying everywhere, and cameras are viewing the whole event.

The event in question? None other than Mario Party! A creature flies towards the screen with a purple tuxedo and a hat with a life of its own. "WELCOME TO THE STAR CARNIVAL!"

He points right at the screen.

"Who am I, you ask? I'm your Master of Catastrophe! MC Ballyhoo, at your service!" he shouts, with that winning smile on his face. "WELCOME...TO MARIO PARTY! Big Top, what messiness do we expect to see in this devious event?!"

The hat itself speaks up. "Backstabs. Betrayals. Deception."

"There's never a dull moment in the game!"

"Yeah, can we get to it?"

Ballyhoo's winning smile starts to crack. "Haha, fans aren't the only ones excited for the festivities! We are too! It keeps me coming back every year!"

While Ballyhoo and Top entertain the cameras, the Star Carnival itself seems MUCH bigger than the last. The party tent is absolutely dwarfing the other four tents. With a closer look...the bright lights of the carnival dim, fog seeps in.

Welcome to Horrorland.

It's not the actual location, but with the power of magic from the production team, they can make it work. There are some good sorcerers in the world, regardless of what others have done.

It's like a stadium times two with everything here! Thousands of roaring fans, special effects, the and Lakitu have infested the tent as well, ready to capture every moment on their top quality cams. Before meeting the contestants, BallyTop fly right in with that mic still in hand.

"Spooky...scary...suspenseful! Those three words sum this land up well! There will be twists, turns, and even parties along the way!" He shouts, as the camera fades to a shot of a abandoned piano with its instruments. "Oh yeah..."

Their cams are directed to a gate, with a gravestone inside. "These gravestones are deadly enough, but THIS one tops it all! If you have 150 coins, you can rob everyone of their star! HA-HA-HA!" Their cams cut back to him, with four silhouettes approaching in the background. "You need all the power you can get to be numero Uno, which is why we brought back four returning players!"

They all come in, one by one. First is a Toad, specifically one with red dots on its head. "Toad's skilled enough to stay in our military. Don't let his size fool you!"

The crowd cheers him on, and he just can't help himself. "I won't let you down, Princess!"

"AHEM. Next up we got a rep from Yoshi's island, it's...drumroll please..." the crowd entertains him as thousands of drums are heard. "Yoshi."