Chapter 1>love?

Camilla Dalton

I should go home. It's 9 p.m and the sunset is slowly disappearing .But here I am,stuck in my freaking office because of some emergency meeting.

Couldn't they wait till tommorow? Is it really this important that I need to stay more in this horrible building?

Don't get me wrong, I love my job. Being a police detective makes me  feel the adrenaline run in my body while my heart beats faster and faster. Having such an interesting job requires a lot of work. Physically and mentally.

My door opens and I can see Claire's red hair behind the door.

"The boss called you in his office.", she mumbles while placing some documents on my desk. Great, another job I have to do before leaving.

I walk past her and head towards Luke's office. The elevator opens and I pick the second floor. Why does this takes so much time? I should've pick the stairs.

The elevator stops and I walk straight to his office. Luke has an enormous room compared to mine. Jealousy hits my body as I close the door behind me.

" You called me in?", I ask. Luke's more my friend than boss. We grew up together because our parents being friends. My silly little childhood  group. Me, Luke, Carmen and... Alex.

We don't like Alex. We didn't and we won't. He is so arrogant and selfish. Not to mention he is the most annoying person I've met my whole life.

Luke and I shared the same interest for the law. Later in life, we got in the same department, at one of the best police stations in NYC. Carmen got into law school and Alex... he's the "Daddy's money boy".

"New mission.", he says smiling while my eyes sparkle with joy. Finally, a  new mission. I always get the most basic ones. Don't get me wrong, I'm just happy that I get missions, unlike others.

Being a female in this department gets me the easiest and fastest tasks known to the world. Yay me.

As I try to look uninterested he continues."First, promise me that you will accept it.".I look at him confused. How bad can it possibly be that he needs to ask me?

"Luke, you know that I will accept every mission." I reply, with a smile on my face. He opens his laptop and starts typing fast.

"There's a new mafia in the town. They just moved on street 26."

My smile drops back down. Mafia? So you're just going to change my whole experience with stalkers and hackers to mafia? Okay, why not? I can't decline this. Maybe this mission will get me higher in my rank.

"Do you want me to hack in their computers or stalk them?", I sigh. His blue eyes meets mine and I glare at him.

"Oh, darling. You will wish it was just this when you find out about what are you really gonna do.", he laughs. Shivers run down my spine while I try to find words to express myself.

"Luke, I'm tired. Just tell me what you want me to do so I can go home."

He looks at me and mumbles something that I can't understand.

"If you're tired, go home, he grumbles. "I can find someone better than you anyways."

He did not just say that. Luke is getting on my nerves and if he thinks he can get in-between my dream rank and me, then he is going down. Sandford is dead.

"I will repeat myself one more time, I gladly accept everything that I need to do"

Luke smiles at me and gets up, playing with his necklace.

Why does he has to be the boss? I would be clearly better than him.

I turn around to look at him and he smirks. I hate him. Luke's the only boy who can do this. The rest of them aren't important. My simple rule:I don't fall in love with someone, that someone doesn't fall in love with me.

"The leader has a son your age. I need you to infiltrate in the family and win his heart so he can tell you his secrets."

Remember my simple rule? Here it goes down the drain.

"But I don't even know his name, or age.", I slutter. My eyes are filled with horror. What if he kills me? Or worse. What if I fall in love with him? Shit.

Luke shows me a picture on his laptop. The boy in the photo may look innocent but when you find out more about him you will regret your first impression.

From the photo I could see that he was tall. Maybe 6,5? His eyes were dark blue with joy sparkles in them. He was very happy when he took this picture. A tall brunette with blue eyes. Nothing special about him. The classic American boy.

But the fact about mafia wasn't very "classical American boy". More like "Italian Mafia boy"

"May I ask for more details about him?", I ask interested. Luke started at me and smirks. I look at him annoyed and continue" I mean, if I'm going to date him I need more informations."

Luke grabs his laptop and opens a file from the desktop. "I'm going to send this to you. Make sure to learn everything about him. You may leave now. "

I grab my bag and leave the room. How can I make someone fall in love with me? What if he is a psychopath?
Actually, what's his name? I open the file from Luke while entering the elevator. Damian Salvatore is written in big letters.

                Damian Salvatore

Age: 25

Birthday:  17 november 1.998

Zodiac sign: Scorpio

Place of birth: Venice, Italy

Eye color: blue

Hair color: brown

                                                     page: 1/2

The second page looks like his whole life story. I ain't reading all that. Nuh uh. Nobody cares which school you went to in third grade, Damian

The elevator opens and I exit the building. God, this weather is horrible. It's raining and the cold wind is blowing in my face.

The cold enters my body as shivers run down my spine. It wasn't the weather. It was something else. There was something, or someone here. I turn around expecting to see someone but the parking lot is empty.

What the fuck?

I walk faster to my car and get in it. Breathe Camilla. There is no one here.
Even if it were, you can fight. That's your job. Now gather yourself and ignore it.

My car starts and I start driving. The road is empty as I press the acceleration with my foot. Home. I just want to go home and sleep.

The music is calming me while I'm speeding on the highway. My mood got instantly better when my favourite song started. The hills by The Weeknd was now blasting in my car.

What's that?

Remember my mood? Well,it's ruined.

I look in the rear-view mirror and see a note in the backseat. Probably just a ticket. But I don't remember getting a ticket. Especially leaving it in the backseat. I stop the music while grabing the note.

"How are you, love?"

👺👺👺👺👺👺👺👺👺👺👺👺👺👺

Word count: 1254

This might be very bad written, but PLEASE don't leave the book from the first chapter. I am trying my best :)
Anyway, how are you ??
Just a reminder to drink a glass of water!