Moving South

The gang had packed up all their supplies rather quickly. Everyone was pitching in the packing whilst Dutch and Hosea were busy discussing their next steps in his tent, although it sounded more like an argument than anything else. Arthur soon arrived and went into the tent as well after escaping the mess in town.

"So we moving?" Arthur asked. "Yeah, Micah told me about this spot to the south in a little area right by Dewberry Creek. He says its a good spot so take Charles with you and go ride ahead and scope it out for us." Dutch said to Arthur. Arthur then left about a minute or two later with Charles to go scope out this camp whilst the rest of the gang kept getting the wagons loaded and ready to leave.

Simon was busy helping anyone he could with the supplies and soon enough by around nightfall, all the wagons were loaded up and the gang began their journey to this new camp. Simon was sat in the same wagon as some of the women, mainly Abigail and Sadie as well as supplies and belongings. Abigail sat with them both and smiled a bit "You two sure cant be used to all this moving around..I am sorry its happening again so soon."

Sadie shrugged "You people sure do seem to move around alot." She muttered still not being friendly with most of those in the gang but she had some she had warmed up to a little like Abigail and Arthur and of course Simon since they had already known each other a while.

Simon chuckled "Doesnt really affect me..all I used to do before this was move, I was constantly on the move from one area to another...the most stability I had was my monthly visits to Mrs Adler's place here." Abigail smiled "I had a feeling you two knew each other somehow when you first saw each other again in the mountains with us."

Sadie looked at Simon now as she got some reminders of when Simon would visit her and Jake and how happy they were. "How come you never came last month...?" She asked Simon softly as the wagons kept moving. Simon sighed and was about to speak when Abigail cut him off. "Well we found him in the mountains last month just off the trail..shot in the shoulder. Paler than a ghost he was and his horse was gone too..he'd have died up there if we didnt find him."

Sadie's eyes widened a bit in horror "Jaysus..me and my Jakey..just thought you were too busy..but I guess we both got saved.." Simon sighed and nodded not really wanting to talk about it anymore. "Yeah.."

The rest of the ride was spent in silence but somewhere along the trail the wagons met up with Charles. He rode towards the wagons and Dutch ordered the convoy to a halt. "Charles!? What is it?" Dutch asked seeing the native man on his horse before him. "Arthur and I found a better place to set up camp its a bit further of a journey but much easier to defend...follow me." Charles said before turning his horse and spurring it forward as he began to trot and lead the convoy of wagons towards its new camp.

They soon arrived at the new camp and all the wagons broke off coming to a hold. Arthur was already there and got up from his seat and gave a big wave to everyone. "Welcome to your new home!" He exclaimed as Dutch got off of his wagon now. "This is a good spot Arthur, well done." Everybody then of course got out of the wagons and began to make camp, unloading supplies and setting up wagons as well as the hitching areas for the gang members horses.

Within a day the new camp was set up and complete and everybody seemed relatively happy with it. It was a beautiful location in a small copse of trees next to the water of the main Flat Iron Lake which was wonderful for everyone for fishing, washing or swimming except John since he couldnt swim. A few days past and things were mostly quiet, except Pearson and Sadie did not seem to be getting on at all. Dutch had unfortunately left earlier in the day with Arthur and Hosea, supposedly to go fishing but who knows what they actually ended up doing.

Meanwhile back at camp, Mr Pearson and Mrs Adler were at each other's throats with Simon trying to defuse the situation and rising tempers between them. Simon sighed coming over to Sadie "You managing to keep it together?" He asked more concerned than he meant to, only to be meet with an irritated huff from Sadie. "I'll tell you something...If I dont get out of here soon, I am going to kill somebody."

Simon sighed and nodded crossing his arms across his chest "I know..look just hold on a bit longer on that..once the others get back maybe we can see about getting you a different kind of work here." Simon of course was part of the gang in a way now but far from havibg any authority to make a decision like that on his own accord and far too scared of Miss Grimshaw to even try and suggest anything to her, out of fear of getting his head bit off. Sadie grumbled and huffed again "Mhm.." she muttered with the clear irritation in her voice.

Thankfully an hour later or so, Dutch, Hosea and Arthur all returned to camp. Hosea went and too the fish they caught to Pearson, Dutch stood enjoying the water and Arthur came towards the camp too which at the same time Sadie and Pearson went at it again. "If you dont stop hissing at me. I'm gonna kill you." Pearson snapped back as they both held up weapons to each other now with Sadie having a knife and Pearson with a cleaver. "Come near me sailor...and I will slice you up!" Sadie grumbled lowly.

"You put that knife away lady, or you'll be missing a hand." Pearson said "What is wrong with you two?!" Arthur said coming over and raising his hands trying to defuse things like Simon was earlier. "I ain't chopping vegatables for a living!" Sadie said putting the knife back into the wooden chopping board by stabbing it. Arthur of course made some silly little comments calling her princess and asking if their was insufficent feathers in her pillow. He had no idea what kind of woman he was dealing with.

"Look, Mr Morgan, I aint lazy. I'll work but not this." She said as she began storming off, shoulder bumping Pearson in the process. "My husband and I...we shared the work. All of it. I was out in the fields. I can hunt, carry a knife or a gun. But I tell ya, you keep me here...I'll skin this fat old coot and serve him for dinner!"

"Watch your damn mouth, you crazy, goddamn fishwife!" Pearson snapped back at her causing Sadie to try lunge at him only to be stopped by Arthur. "Enough! Both of ya." He said walking around now a bit "You wanna head out there? Run with the men?! So be it, but we do more than just hunting, we're hunted. And them things hunting us, well they got guns of their own." He said

"I ain't afraid of dying." Sadie said back to him. "Good, you need anything Mr Pearson? Maybe me and Mrs Adler are gonna take a little ride." Arthur said. Of course, Pearson did need things and handed him a list and a letter asking if they could post it for him. Sadie gave Pearson one last angry look before going to Arthur towards the wagon and getting on it beside him. "So I've graduated from chopping vegetables to shopping?" She asked "Shut your goddamn mouth." Arthur said as he grabbed the reins of the horses now.

(I'll continue this mission from the game next part so this isnt super long but thank you guys for reading. I am sorry Simon wasnt super prominent in this part but next part should be a bit better. Love y'all :D)