01. Glorious Purpose [P1]

ابدأ من البداية

"We're not here to talk about the Avengers."

"Oh, no?"

"No. What they did was supposed to happen. You escaping was not." The judge leaned forward, crossing her fingers together.

Loki started laughing, yet again. He was finding this quite ridiculous at this point. "Right. Uh- 'Not supposed to happen.'? According to whom?"

"The Time-Keepers?" She replied, speaking as though it were the most obvious thing in the universe.

"Oh, the Time-Keepers! Right. Well, perhaps I should speak to these 'Time-Keepers', gods to gods." He suggested.

"I'm sorry, but they're quite busy."

"Oh, they are? What are they doing?"

"Dictating the proper flow of time."

"I see. Right, and then what do you do?"

"Dictate the proper flow of time according to their dictations!" The judge began to get frustrated. "How do you plead?"

"Guilty..." Loki paused, raising his hands outwards, "Of this."

He clenched his hands into fists.

Nothing happened.

B-15 stifled a snigger behind him.

He tried again. Nothing happened.

"What going on?" The Judge asked, looking towards B-15.

"Hang on. Everyone quiet." Loki stated, trying another time.

B-15 stopped her chuckling. "He's trying to use his powers, ma,am."

"Don't rush me." He grunted as he tried another time, smacking his hands down when he failed to do anything. "Damn it! Why won't it work?"

"Magic powers?" The judge smiled, "They're no good in the TVA, Mr Laufeyson. The court finds you guilty, and I sentence you to be reset." She hit her gavel down. "Next case, please!"

B-15 took Loki by the arm, attempting to lead him away.

"'Reset'? What does that mean? What, is it bad? What does it mean?" He struggled against her grip, causing another soldier to come over and take a hold of his other arm. "Hey! You ridiculous bureaucrats will not dictate how my story ends!"

"It's not your story, Mr Laufeyson. It never was."

"You have no idea what I'm capable of!" He shouted, pulling against the restraint of the two soldiers.

"I- I think I might." The man who had come in earlier stood up, "Have an idea what he's capable of."

"Approach the bench." The judge sighed.

He walked over to her.

"Hi." He said softly, smiling.

The judge leaned over, "If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, it's a bad idea."

"Ok, I'm just- chasing a hunch."

"You already have a pet pyromaniac who almost burnt down my office. What is it with you and broken things?"

"I know. I'll keep them out of trouble," He promised. "And, I do think it's time we taught Týr some social skills."

She sighed again. "Anything goes sideways, it's on you."

"Okay. I feel like I'm always looking up to you. I like it. It's appropriate." He whispered, then turned back towards Loki, who was now staring at him in utter confusion.