017

After walking back up to economy class to join the rest of your teammates, Izzy was still sleeping on the floor but Tyler had finally returned from sending Lindsay off. As you and Alejandro went to take your seats, the only sound going on was the whispers of Noah and Owen who seemed to be discussing DJ's, who was sitting sadly isolated on the other side looking down on the ground, current situation.

"I don't know what to say to him, I've always been the 'alliancee' not the 'alliancer'!" Owen said fidgeting with his fingers.

"It's like asking a girl out, only he's a guy." Noah whispered back causing Owen to suddenly understand what to do as he cleared his throat.

"Um, hey DJ!" he called out which got the poor boy's attention as he looked up.

"Hey! You wanna go for hot dogs with my buddy Noah? He said your legs are nice." Owen said, at the last sentence he lowered his voice by a few octaves and half-lidded his eyes before letting out a wolf-whistle. 

To say DJ was traumatised would be an understatement.

"Yeah, because that's exactly what I told him to say." Noah said looking unamused.

"One cannot blunder into an alliance, friends." Alejandro next to you randomly piped up causing you to look at him. Whatever he was about to say next was however cut off by Tyler who had now gotten up.

"Why couldn't you lose so Lindsay could still be here!?" he shouted angrily glaring at DJ.

"Tyler, it's not his fault." you said trying to get him to somewhat calm down.

"Listen, I'm sorry - I tried okay!? But you only have to put up with me for one more day." DJ replied.

"Going somewhere DJ?" asked Alejandro curiously.

"I'm losing the next challenge!" he responded.

"What?!" a voice from above exclaimed.

You looked up to see Heather falling out of one of the overhead compartments with a pen and notepad in hand. She let out a small 'ow' as she landed in front of Owen.

"What have we here?" Alejandro questioned looking down at her.

Heather didn't answer the question at first, she caught a whiff of Owen's feet and immediately sat up pinching her nose with her fingers.

"Eww!" she let out.

"Doing a little spying are we?" Alejandro asked again raising a brow.

"Uh- I-I just uh- uh dropped my pen!" she said looking around frantically before picking up her notepad and pen off the floor. "See? No scheming just scribbling. Owen, I am issuing you a ticket for fashion crimes. Your socks reek."

"Oh am I wearing socks? Heh, I can't even see my feet." Owen replied before attempting to look down.

It was obvious she was trying to change the subject, Alejandro nudged you gently in the side indicating he had the same thought: Heather was already trying to form an alliance with DJ.

DJ too may have picked up on this or he just felt down but either way he got up and went to the confessional bathroom. Heather saw this and climbed back into the compartment and scurried off. 

Once she was gone, Alejandro turned towards you properly and gave you a smile, one of the smiles he tended to give when he had come up with an idea. You to return it with a confused expression wondering what he was thinking but he merely shook his head. 

He obviously had a plan, but whatever it was you were hoping it wouldn't be too chaotic.

-