014

Once you had gathered enough wood for a fire, you and Alejandro headed back to the clearing to set them down. When you arrived it was probably around seven in the evening and Noah and Izzy had already returned with a pile of rather strange looking berries which they placed the ground.

"Um, are you guys sure those are edible?" you said looking at the colourful pile of vibrant fruit on the floor then turning around to face the two who had brought them.

"Don't look at me, Izzy picked them out." Noah said gesturing to the ginger next to him.

"Trust me guys! They taste super good!" Izzy said enthusiastically but you had your concerns, you weren't too keen on getting food poisoning in the middle of the challenge.

"I'll try one just incase, I have a strong stomach." Tyler offered putting one hand on your shoulder in an attempt to come off as heroic. You couldn't help but smile.

"Really? Thanks Tyler." you said facing him and he grinned confidently.

Even if what Alejandro said was true, I just can't get mad at him He's too nice!

"As much as the bravery is appreciated Tyler," Alejandro came up to him and turned his body around causing his hand on your shoulder to fall back to his side "I don't think it will be needed."

You too turned around to see what Alejandro meant and let out a small gasp. The berry pile that had once been there had disappeared and next to where it originally was an Owen lay on his back, berry juice all around his mouth and his hands on his stomach.

We literally turned our heads away for a few seconds!

"Ugh... so sweet...." Owen groaned closing his eyes, you didn't know if he was aware of the fact that he had eaten the food the was meant for the whole group.

"Great. Now we don't have any food." Noah stated, he didn't seem all that bothered.

"Ahahaha! Big O you're so funny!" Izzy said laughing,  you had no idea what part of the situation she found hilarious "don't worry guys, I got this!"

She dived back into the jungle without warning and didn't come back for a good five minutes. The three of you stood awkwardly waiting for her to come back and when she did, she had a massive net full of berries, much more than last time. It was if she knew Owen would eat the previous batch.

Just where is she getting all these berries?

No one questioned her. With Owen full from the amount he had just eaten, the remaining five of you gathered around the berries and started to eat, everyone apart from you. You still didn't trust them, there was a chance that these Peruvian berries were a hidden allergy you just hadn't discovered.

"(Y/N), they're fine. We're all eating it, there's nothing to worry about." Alejandro sat next to you tried to be reassuring, he picked one of the many berries out of the pile. "Here take one."

He stretched his hand out revealing a small bright yellow berry, so bright that it almost looked like it was emitting light. It made you squint and you weren't sure if it was the berry that smelled funky or Owen that had been taking some sneaky silent toots.

"I'm good..." you said turning your head away not wanting to look any longer, it was making you loose the appetite you weren't sure you had.

"You haven't eaten since breakfast, plus you need the energy for tomorrow, you're going to be exhausted." Alejandro frowned still urging you to eat something.

"I'll be fine, I just need some sleep." you said because that was a safer way of getting energy without the danger of being poisoned.

Tyler on the other side of you who was munching away happily overheard the conversation and spoke up.