Chapter 4 Men, Fly High!

Start from the beginning

"You used me like a scrape goat so you can obtain it both." Ophelia retorted back in a stern voice.

"Another condition, she wouldn't join in our fight for she's not a Kamen Rider." Taiga included his fighting conditions. "She joins, you won't save your patient."

"You scoundrel..." She clenches her hands in anger and plans a 100 ways to defeat him.

Emu gave Ophelia a look and shook his head. "No way. You're holding the patient's life hostage?"

Taiga scoffs. "The duel will take place at noon tomorrow." He reminded Emu and took the Bugster with him.

"Wait!" Emu yelled to call him back but Taiga ignored him. He looks down to see the workers are alright without any injury thanks to Ophelia's forcefield.

"This is bad." Ophelia sighs heavily and clicks her tongue in annoyance. She made a huge mistake and planned to make it up. 'My parents won't be happy if they find out about this. I'm going to heal the patient tonight so they won't worry about it.' She silently cried and imagined their wrath for breaking a promise.

————————————————————

"He's holding the Bugster hostage?" Haima yelled in shock after Hiiro and Ophelia told him about Taiga's action.

Ophelia is the one who reported everything to Hiiro about today's incident. She asked for a massive favor to Luna to cover her night shift today. The black-haired woman couldn't even catch a break and patting herself for adding Luna's ability to disguise anyone.

"It seems so." Hiiro spoke up and cut his cake. "Hanaya Taiga has gotten as low as he can get." He's angry about Taiga's plan but planning to take part in the duel tomorrow.

Ophelia is nervous to reveal more of healing and silently prays her parents would forgive her. She's with Hiiro and Haima inside the office room.

"Calm down!" Haima gives Hiiro a look seeing his silent anger while Ophelia drinks her tea silently. "Listen. I'm not speaking as the director. I'm speaking to you as your father." He grips Hiiro's shoulder while Ophelia feels awkward and tries to keep herself busy by staring at her cup. "I care about you and Ophelia-chan more than anything else."

Ophelia looks surprised to hear Haima's words. She's no longer Hiiro's girlfriend, Haima still cares for her. "I won't let him manipulate you anymore! As its next director, you will be responsible for this hospital!" The director exclaimed and Ophelia decided to intervene before things got more awkward for them.

"Let's cut to the chase here before things get more complicated for the patient." She exhales and Hiiro stares at her curiously. "Zero Day... I was there at that time with my parents." Ophelia toyed with her fingers nervously. "My mom was infected that time."

"Haruka-san did?" Haima asked and didn't know his dearest friend got involved back then.

"Yes. I was born with these abilities of mine before Bugsters existed." She opens the palm of her hands to reveal a small forcefield before clenches it to disappear. "When most of the people got infected including my mom... I feel useless and hopeless without using my powers to protect my loved ones."

Haima rubs her back to show comfort and Ophelia smiles at the gesture. "I haven't practiced my powers completely. My healing can do a lot of things, heal the wounds and purification." She explained and sighed softly. "I was meant to heal my mom that time but I was out of control— I purified half of the people and ended up in a coma for 3 months." The director looked at her in shock while Hiiro stared at her in surprise.

Hiiro read the news about half of the people who caught a virus were miraculously healed. He didn't expect it was Ophelia who managed to heal or purify them out of control and pay the consequences. It makes sense why Haruka and William didn't want Ophelia to get involved because the Bugsters would see her as a threat and put herself in danger. Ophelia knew the consequences and she's being careful not to reveal more of her abilities.