Chapter 11

"Hey Silver, wanna hang out now that school's over?" Ben suggested.

"Sorry, I got cram school," Silver apologized. 'I've never been to cram school before. I've barely attended middle school and high school in my previous life. A lot of student complain about the extra workload from cram school lessons, but I want to experience this normalcy,'

"Nerd," Ben lightheartedly teased.

"We'll see you tomorrow then," Alex waved as he and Ben left first.

Silver headed over to Class Five and got there just as Gray had exited. The two brothers left Eunjang and decided to take the route through the nearby bridge underpass. Colton Choi just so happened to be there with his two friends, Royce Na and Eddie Moore. Gray protectively stood in front of his little brother, not wanting him to get caught in the crossfire.

"This is the one?" Royce asked. "You really played yourself against this kid?"

"Colton, you fucking idiot," Eddie laughed.

"Hey, if I just hadn't gotten tied up, I would've..." Colton tried to come up with an excuse as his friends mocked him. "He uses the most underhanded fucking tactics, man. He tied me up with his damn bag straps,"

Silver was annoyed. These three assholes were going to make him and his brother late for cram school. Since they weren't anyone notably strong, Silver knew he'd be able to take all three of them out on his own. 

Before Silver could act, Gray spoke up. "Did you call my ways underhanded? My body's a skeleton barely walking around. My height is just over five foot two inches. A fight couldn't even start on equal grounds to begin with. I'm well outnumbered and outclassed, you disgusting meatheads,"

'I've already made my reputation by fighting against Manwol,' Silver recalled. 'I shouldn't interfere with Gray gaining the reputation of the White Mamba. People need to fear him so they don't mess with him. He needs to show them what he's got,'

Silver took a few steps back and noticed Gerard nearby. "He doesn't need help," Silver confidently said as they both watched Gray swiftly and easily defeat all three delinquents.

"Silver, let's go," Gray told his brother once he was finished.

XXX

The next morning at school, Phillip Kim approached Gray. As much as he also wanted to intimidate Silver, he knew he couldn't pull anything off in Ben's homeroom class so he decided to go after the older brother instead. Besides, it was Gray who had defeated his cousin. Phillip demanded an apology from Gray but Gray refused, also mentioning that he didn't know who Phillip was nor did he care about his reputation. 

It was then that Silver, who had heard the commotion and entered the classroom, spoke up. "You're all bark no bite, Phillip Kim,"

Phillip glared at the younger boy. "Who do you think you are—"

"That Convenience Store Massacre you constantly bragged about that gave you your notoriety," Silver brought up. "You weren't the one responsible for those three's defeat,"

Phillip tensed up but tried to bluff. "I don't know what you're talking about. The photo is proof that I—"

"It was Wolf Keum that defeated them," Silver revealed to everyone. "If you're going to call me a liar, why don't you prove yourself by fighting me right now?"

"Why you..." Phillip stood up and he clenched his fists. 'He's just a little kid! There's no way someone like him in the Silver Phantom! Even if he is the Silver Phantom, there's no way he actually defeated Manwol! If anything, he probably took down the weakest members! But then why...' He didn't realize that he began to tremble. 'Why does this kid's eyes remind me of Donald Na!?'

Fortunately for Phillip, Ben intervened and told him and his gang to stop making a scene before promptly dragging Ben away. Gray was confused but Silver explained to him that Ben was one of his friends.

"Your friends are weird," Gray commented.

"They'll be your friends too," Silver smirked. "I'm dragging you into the friend group starting by eating together during lunch,"

XXX

Phillip sat on the rooftop, smoking a cigarette. He was pissed off at being humiliated in front of everyone. He knew he wouldn't be able to defeat Ben in a fight. He flicked his cigarette away as he scrolled through his contacts list. Suddenly, he felt an excruciating headache and fell to his knees.

Phillip scrolled through his contacts list and clicked on Jimmy Bae's name. "This one. He's got bad blood with Ben too fucking perfect," He clicked call.

"What do you want, Phillip?"

"You know I was admitted to Eunjang High, right? And that Ben Park's here too..."

"And?"

"Apparently, Ben is scheming to crush you,"

"What!? What kind of fucking nonsense is that!?"

"He said he would have beaten you good, if Donald Na hadn't interfered in the fight and that he'd make sure to destroy you the next time he sees you. You okay with him going around talking all this crap?"

"Hey, Phillip, I was already itching to murder Ben, that fucker. So you just watch and see! Also, don't say a single word about this to Donald Na. I'll destroy him myself!"

"What the fuck!?" Phillip exclaimed as the headache subsided. "What the fuck was that!?" 'Why did I call Jimmy Bae to deal with Ben Park in that weird vision? They're obviously allies since they took down Manwol together. And why was Jimmy in my Union contacts list? He's not part of the Union!'

"Donald Na interfering with a fight between Jimmy and Ben?" Phillip mumbled. "If something like that really did happen, it'd have made news on the Shuttle Patch," He clicked on Forrest Lee's name. "Yo, Forrest,"

"Yeah, Phillip?"

"Congrats on being the new head of Hyeongshin High,"

"Thanks man. What do you want? I know you're not calling for a friendly chat,"

"Straight to the point as always, eh Forrest? Guess there's no reason to beat around the bush. I want you to get rid of Ben Park for me,. Of course there's payment involved,"

"Hmm, I don't know. Donald Na doesn't like it when we take individual commissions like this,"

"Dude, you already know that people are still talking about how Hyeongshin is nothing without Myles Joo. You need to prove yourself by beating a strong opponent. Make everyone respect you,"

"I'll think about it,"

Word Count: 1028

Uh-oh, Hyeongshin's gonna suffer.