Chapter 2

Silver was shocked to learn that he was the younger brother of Gray Yeon. He was even more shocked when he saw that Gray was much younger than when he had last seen him. Gray was definitely too young to be in high school and after listening to some conversations between Gray and Gray's mother, he found out that Gray was seven years old while he was two years old.

Silver couldn't bring himself to call Gray's mother as his own mother, even if right now he was biological the woman's son. The only person Silver had called and was still willing to call "Mom" was Sua Lee, his mother from when he was still Donald Na. He still loved his mother dearly and calling Gray's mother "Mom" felt like he'd be betraying all that she had done for him.

He managed to catch a glimpse of the date and realized that not only had he been reborn, but he had also traveled to the past. When he saw the date, a small sliver of hope formed. If he was truly in the past, then his mother was still alive. He quickly destroyed that sliver and shook the possibility away. If Donald Na still existed, then he would've been sent back in time to that body instead of being reborn as an entirely different person.

From what he could recall, Silver Yeon didn't originally exist. When he found out that it had been the White Mamba who had solved his S-level difficulty question, he had had Kingsley look more into him. Gray had originally lived with his mother in Gangnam and attended Byuksan Middle School, but after attacking some students he ended up expelled and only Eunjang would accept him. There was no mention of Gray having a younger brother.

'I must be in another world then,' Silver concluded. 'In this world Donald Na doesn't exist but Silver Yeon does. A part of me wants to go back to my own world. Even though I disbanded the Union and it'd take a long time to rebuild it back up to its former glory, a part of me wants to go back. The main reason I want to go back is because my mother's ashes are still in that world. My other reason is...' 

He still wanted to try to befriend Gray Yeon. Even after everything the Union has put the Eungang through, Donald still wanted to at least try to reach out and befriend him. He wanted to become friends with someone who could understand. Kingsley revered him like some sort of perfect being, but Kingsley didn't understand him. 

'Unfortunately it seems like the chances of me returning to my original world is little to nil. I have no leads on how I even ended up reincarnating to this world aside from dying. Even if I did return to my original world, I died. Wouldn't I just end up dying again? And if I had died, wouldn't my body already have been cremated by then?'

"I can't believe Silver's already grown so much in just a year," Mom Yeon gently hugged Silver to her chest. "Soon he'll be old enough to go to preschool,"

"And then elementary school with me," Gray grinned. "I'll even give him a tour of the campus! Oh, and the library! I love going to the library to read all the books there!"

'These two seem nice. They seem like a nice family,' Silver thought. 'Maybe...maybe I can try living here after all. I mean, it's not like I have a choice either way. Maybe I can grow up in a healthy household. Maybe...I can live the childhood I never got to live in my original world,'

XXX

It was difficult for Silver's mind to become accustomed to the newfound peaceful, but he managed to lower his guard around Gray and Gray's mother. As much as it pained him to do, he addressed Gray's mother as "Mom" when he reached the age of being able to speak. He knew that Gray's mother didn't do anything wrong, but he still didn't feel ready to think of her as his actual mother just like how Sua was his mother. 

A few more years passed by. Silver began to consider Mom Yeon as not a replacement for Sua, but rather as an additional mother. Mom Yeon loved him dearly and Silver loved his new mother back. Gray was a wonderful big brother who often read to Silver and played with him.

When Silver was six years old, Gray needed to go to the doctor after getting injured during PE. Mom Yeon brought them both to the hospital and Silver ended up wandering off to explore on his own. 

Silver hated hospitals. It reminded him of when his mother from his original world became deathly ill and when she had died without him by her side and was left in the morgue for two whole days.

He froze when he saw a familiar name on one of the room's nameplates: Sua Lee. Without thinking, he opened the door and entered the hospital room. Sua laid in her hospital bed hooked up to a life support machine, although she was definitely healthier compared to when Silver had seen her a couple days before she had died.

'Mom...it's really my mom...' Silver ran towards her and hugged her tightly.

"Oh," Sua was surprised but gently patted the child's back. "Hello there,"

'That's right...she doesn't recognize me,' Silver realized. 'She doesn't know that I'm her son,'

"Are you all alone?" Sua asked. "Where are your parents?"

"My...my big brother's getting treated right now," Silver managed to say without his voice cracking. "My name's...my name's Silver Yeon,"

"I'm Sua Lee," Sua smiled. "You know, I have a son who's a few years older than you,"

'What?' Silver's eyes widened in shock. "W-What's his name?"

"His name's Donald Na," Sua answered. "He's eleven years old right now,"

'Donald Na...Her son's name is Donald Na...' The words echoed in Silver's head. 'That means my original self still exists in this world. Why...why was I reborn as Silver Yeon then!? My mother is right here! I should've been been sent back in time to my younger self's body instead of becoming a whole other person! Then maybe...maybe I'd be able to protect my mother! Maybe I'd be able to help her get a better life! I'd have prevented her from marrying that motherfucker who abuses her! I would've been able to possibly get her treated much earlier so she wouldn't end up dying from her illness!'

Sua took a tissue and gently wiped away the tears Silver had begun to shed without him knowing. "What's wrong? Do you want to talk about it?"

Silver just hugged Sua again, this time even tighter. 'Mom...you don't recognize me as your son, but I'll always think of you as my mom even though I'm Silver Yeon in this world....'

Word Count: 1137

There was a pretty big timeskip but there wasn't really much to write about that time period. Donald's second childhood was just normal.