Chapter 6

A year passed. Gray was now fifteen years old and Silver was now ten years old. Gray still kept to himself at school and hadn't made any effort to make any new friends, still choosing to only study. The only times he wasn't studying were when Silver invited him to hang out or play video games.

Silver enjoyed hanging out with Jake, Dean, and Kenny. Kenny treated Silver like a little brother just like how he treated Dean. Silver enjoyed the treatment but still decided that Gray was a better big brother. He may be a little biased towards his own brother.

'I should probably try befriending Ben Park now,' Silver thought as he arrived at Yeongdeungpo. 'I don't know as much about him though aside that he attends Eunjang Middle School. If I recall correctly, there's a pool hall near Eunjang High School and Ben Park and Alex Go were often seen going there even in middle school,'

Silver then remembered that there was something called the Shuttle Patch Forums that had posts made by the inhabitants of Yeongdeungpo. He did some digging and found some posts saying that although Ben Park is the unofficial head of Eunjang Middle School, many people still think he's a bluff since he doesn't actively get into fights.

'Jimmy Bae also joined the Union this year after he requested help saving Jack Kang,' Silver recalled. 'The Action Squad was more than enough to defeat Manwol's Second Squad. I can handle the second squad all on my own. I'm strong enough to at least deal with them. Then, Jimmy won't join the Union and Donald will be down two executives compared to the one in my world,'

XXX

Silver saw Ben and Alex entering an arcade and promptly followed them. He observed the games that they were playing and when a spot opened up, he challenged them. Silver struggled a lot but ultimately lost. His pride was hurt so he headed home and read the game manuals of every single game that was in the arcade.

When Silver found the two at the arcade again a couple days later, Silver demanded a rematch. All of Silver's studying paid of and he won against the two in every single game they chose to play against him in.

"How did you improve so much in just a short amount of time!?" Alex exclaimed.

"I read the manuals," Silver smugly said.

"Nerd," Ben laughed lightheartedly. "No one actually reads the manuals. But since you beat us at all the games, I'll treat you to some fried chicken,"

Silver had never tried Ttosikki Chicken before. In his previous life, there were night he often worked late at his office. He would choose to eat something quick and simple like a sandwich. Fried chicken would be too oily and messy and it'd potentially cause a mess on his papers. 

He was interested in trying Ttosikki Chicken though. He had remembered how popular it had become but right now, it seemed to have just recently opened so there weren't that many customers yet. Ben happily ordered three fried chickens and some Coke.

"This is really good!" Silver said as he took a bite. "But...I don't think I can finish an entire chicken,"

"Don't worry," Alex told him. "He'll eat all your leftovers. His stomach's a black hole,"

Silver hated wasting food. It would remind him of the times he went hungry as a child in his previous life. Even after he had become the King of Yeongdeungpo, he had only thrown food away when he knew it'd pose a risk to his health if he consumed it. That habit was one he still kept even as Silver Yeon. He was glad that Ben would ensure there were no leftovers and no food was going to be wasted.

"What school do you go to anyway?" Ben asked through a mouthful of chicken.

"Sunnyside Elementary School," Silver answered.

"You're in elementary school!?" Ben exclaimed. "I thought you were just a short middle schooler!"

"I'm ten years old," Silver chuckled at Ben and Alex's expressions.

"I can't believe we lost to an elementary schooler at every single arcade game," Alex groaned.

"Master, please teach me your ways, oh wise one," Ben requested of Silver.

"What? Hey!" Alex whined. "Silver, can you teach me too?"

"Sure," Silver agreed, using it as a chance to get closer to them and enhance their friendship.

XXX

Silver hid behind a pile of lumber at Dorim Construction Site as he waited for Manwol's Second Squad to kidnap Jack Kang. 'It's always at construction sites that destruction occurs,' Silver mused. 'Jack Kang being kidnapped and beaten up until help arrives. Kenny Ji being crippled after leaving Manwol. And me almost murdering Ben Park after he shielded Alex Go when I kicked him into a pile of lumber,'

Silver began to feel...regret. He really did enjoy hanging out with Ben and Alex, who were now his friends in this world. A part of him began to regret having attacked them in his original world. He wondered if he could've also become friends with them if he had also befriended Gray much earlier.

A part of Silver still craved that ideal world, that pipe dream he would never be able to attain. In his ideal world, he would be living happily with his mother. He would have befriended Gray in elementary school, maybe even as early as preschool. They would've been great friends and they would've both gotten in elite high schools. Maybe, they would've become friends with Ben and Alex in that world, and even Jake, Dean, and Kenny too.

Silver snapped back to reality when he heard people arriving. While they were distracted by Jack's phone getting a call from Jimmy, Silver attacked. He first took care of the most distracted one, their leader Hayong Jeong. First he kicked his legs from the back, forcing him down onto his knees. Then, Silver punched him in the throat a few times before dropping him to the ground.

Jack used the shock as an opportunity to free himself. He fought back against the nearest Manwol members. Together, he and Donald defeated Manwol's Second Squad all while Jimmy overheard the entire thing through the phone.

Word Count: 1015