A Lesson to Remember

Start from the beginning

"Who are you calling a brat?! I'm already a working hero!" Younger Katsuki snaps, setting his chopsticks down and pointing at his older counterpart. Katsuki simply sneers, leaning forward on his arm with that signature smirk.

"And you're still a brat, especially when you're a whole decade younger, Bakugou ." Wow, it's odd to hear his mate address his younger self by surname, but he supposes it'll be a good way to distinguish between them.

Izuku watches the exchange while he takes another bite, washing it down with some soup before he decides to speak again.

"Well, uhm, Bakugou-kun-" All three of them wince simultaneously, none used to the surname being used, least of all by Izuku. He clears his throat and tries again, mentally noting to drop the honorific next time.

"If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. I'm not sure how much I can divulge, but I'll do my best to answer them." Izuku does his best to offer a reassuring smile, and he looks at the way Bakugou glances at him, then down to his hand, where the silver wedding band rests. He asks nothing, and finishes his meal. Izuku's heart aches to comfort him, but he knows better. Kacchan just needs time to process things, no matter which time period he comes from.

Dinner wraps up with Izuku telling both Katsukis about the training exercises, comparing them to the ones that they themselves took when they were in their first and second year of UA.

Izuku gathers the dishes, taking them over to the sink. Katsuki stands to help, he shakes his head, urging the other alpha towards the bedroom.

"Go relax, Kacchan. You've had a long day." The older alpha huffs, but he relents eventually, stalking off towards their bedroom. Izuku prepares to wash the dishes, and after, he'll set the guest bedroom so Bakugou can have somewhere to sleep until the quirk wears off, whenever that is.

There's a shuffle that pulls him from his mental checklist, and Bakugou is standing next to him, silently drying the dishes. Izuku just smiles, handing him the next dish when he is finished washing.

"Thank you, Bakugou." The younger hero only hums his acknowledgement, and the rest of the dishes are done in silence, side by side.

"...How long?" Bakugou whispers the question, like he's afraid of the answer. Izuku hums and hands him a plate.

"Hmmmm...secret!" Izuku watches the younger Bakugou balk, before drawing into that signature angry scowl. Izuku can't help but laugh, such a predictable response, as he rinses the sink clean.

"You know, Bakugou. There's no need to change yourself. You don't have anything you need to make up to me." Izuku turns to look at him then, watches anger melt into confusion as his brows furrow, and before he could argue, Izuku shakes his head.

"Just as you are. Just stay exactly how you are. That's all I ever ask." Izuku offers a smile then, brushing his wrist over Katsuki's cheek, a comforting gesture to show that his words are genuine.

The tension melts from his shoulders slowly, deflating until they sag, crimson eyes so telling of the myriad of emotions he's probably working through.

"It's not easy. Considering we're both alphas, our instincts clash more often than not, but it's something we work through together." Izuku offers, hoping it's enough of a hint to soothe Bakugou's worries.