Part 16 // "Just me and Lavigne."

Start from the beginning

"We have to split because I can't fit all of you in my car." he continued. "I'll go with Bianca." I said while walking over to her. "Sorry Jules, I'm already going with Bianca." Charles told me, looking a bit guilty. I took a step back and when I saw Bianca's concerned look and Daniel's smile I realized what the plan was. 

"I'm going with Yuki." Daniel said as he grabbed him by the arm. I gave him a hard look as I turned my head towards Max. He looked around like he couldn't care less. I wished that I didn't care either. For once he acted like a grown up and I felt like a child. So I switched from annoyed to something that was supposed to be neutral. I walked up to him as he finally looked my way too. Not one emotion was on his face and I tried my best to do the same.

"Great let's go. I'll send the adress." Daniel told all of us when I stood next to Max.

"I'm sorry Jules." Yuki said as we walked outside. "It's fine." I assured him. He gave me comforting smile and then started waving at the cameras outside. I smiled at the flashing lights and swiftly followed Max. He opened the door and closed it when I got in, blocking the yelling voices. I sighed, but tried to smile, as I looked out of the window and waved at the paparazzi one last time. As Max got in he quickly pushed down on the throttle and drove away from the crowd. 

"I hate this." he murmured. For a second I wasn't sure if he meant sitting in a car with me or the paparazzi. "I mean the cameras and stuff." he explained as if reading my mind. The car was filled with silence and I had no intentions to talk. I was a little suprised when Max spoke up again. 

"Why the number thirteen?" he asked me. "I thought that you were superstitious." he explained his eyes focused on the road. "I was born on the 13th and I won my first karting race when I was 13." I started. He glanced at me while taking a turn. "Watch the road." I told him. Instead of doing so he just frowned. "You were 13 when you won your first karting race?" he asked. "Look to the front." I just instructed him. 

I knew that he was probably a lot younger, but winning a race when no one believed in you except your parents was tough. Because at one moment you wouldn't even believe in yourself anymore and feel like you've wasted your parents' money on something that was clearly just a stupid dream. But my parents made sure that their support would be enough for me to push through. So I did and now I was in formula 1. My stupid dream was a reality.

"Why number one?" I just asked him changing the subject. "It's just to remind everyone that I am the world champion. I'm the number one." he answered. I thought about what he told me last week. It was just an act. He acted like this because he wanted the world to know his name. He thought that being an asshole was important if you wanted to win. 

"You used to be number 33" I said. "Yeah, I still kinda am." he told me. "It was my number for a really long time, it still matters to me." he continued finally looking ahead again. "Anyways, do you have any siblings?" he asked me. "No." I answered. I always wanted a baby sister or brother, but my parents didn't think it was a good idea. My hobby took a lot of time and money. 

"Do you?" I asked him. He took a deep breath and parked the car completely ignoring my question. I looked outside and saw that we had arrived at the restaurant. Max got out of the car and walked around to open my door. As he did I changed my frown to a smile and waved to the cameras. I didn't expect that many to be there.

We quickly walked into the restaurant where the paparazi wasn't allowed and we realized we were the first ones there. The waitress walked us to the table and as we arrived I didn't know what to do. I did not want to sit next or even close to Max. But we were the first ones. I couldn't sit far away from him. That was weird considering that we're supposed to be friends.

Max didn't seem to mind and just sat down. "What's wrong Lavigne?" he asked me. I shook my head and sat down in front of him. "Nothing." I answered. "And don't call me Lavigne." I told him. He frowned and tilted his head a bit to the side. "Why?" he asked. "Friends don't call eachother by their last name." I explained a bit annoyed. Wasn't that obvious? 

"I think that real friends call eachother fun things that no one else calls them." Max said. "I think that actual friends that care about eachother, call the other what they want to be called." He just rolled his eyes. "Then what do you want to be called?" he asked me. "Just my first name." I said. "That's boring." he pointed out. "It's what all my friends call me." I explained. "Everyone calls you Jules." he said. "Your first name isn't Jules, it's Juliette." he continued. I sighed and rested my head in my hands. Couldn't he just give it a rest? 

"Hey guys!" I suddenly heard. I looked to my left as I saw Bianca and Charles walking our way. "Daniel and Yuki aren't here yet?" Bianca asked. "Nope. Just me and Lavigne." Max answered while looking me dead in the eyes. 

It was official, there wasn't anyone else that I hated more than him at that moment. 

...

Pretty short chapter.

Thank you for reading obv xxx

Don't forget to vote and I love you guys <33