chapter tweleve

SAGE: Theo is coming back to ours, please please make sure the living rooms tidy!!

SAGE: Follow up, we're ten minutes away.

"Everything okay?" Theo asked besides, quickly, I turned my phone off and slipped it into my back pocket. "Yes, just the group chat, that's all." I offered him a smile as my palms began to sweat, I've never had a boy over before, that is if he actually wants to come in. And that also is if you don't include Caleb.

"So, you really live on the other end of campus," Theo observes, I take a look around and realise that to others who don't live in this apartment complex, it would appear that we are on the other end. To the right of our building, we have the smaller library, mostly used to study late at night to be out of the way. It's more peaceful than the main one.

"It's not too bad," I say as I walk slightly ahead of him. I've noticed that Theo walks as if he has no where to be, he has the attitude that screams he's calm and collected. "It's pretty cool back here," Theo muses as his eyes zone in on the four floor story in-front of us.

With us having three bedrooms, we're on the top floor, along with other three bedroom apartments. It's nice for us, it's easy. Plus with it being out of the way, the only time there's any loud noise is when it's gameday and students are walking past the building. Other than that, it's pretty peaceful.

"It is," I agree as I scan my key card on the main doors. I hold the door open as Theo sneaks inside with me. I shoot him a smile over my shoulder as we enter the elevator. The doors close, and the silence fills our ears. "Thanks for walking me home," Theo doesn't reply, he barely even acknowledges what I just said. His eyes are on the silver doors as if he's waiting for them to open. I try not to be hurt by that.

Thankfully, the doors open seconds later and I walk out first, leading him back to my apartment. With my key in the door, I turn to face him, uncertainty now appearing. Do I just wave goodbye? A part of me wants to invite him in, see what he says though I know it's after eight and he might want to head back to his apartment.

"Do you," I pause, unsure of how I want to ask. "Do you want me to come inside?" Theo finishes for me, he offers a smirk and in this moment, he has never looked more attractive. His dark hair covers his forehead, and his silver chain catches my attention. I never noticed it before but now my fingers itch to touch it.

"Do you?" I finally ask, he nods slightly before running a hand through his un-styled hair. "I would like too," I turn the key in the hole before pushing open the wooden door. My gaze quickly looks around the room to see Winter stood in the kitchen drinking something out of a mug, whereas Rina sits on the couch, book in hand.

I squint at her, Rina doesn't read. And Winter doesn't just randomly stand in the kitchen. Suddenly, I feel a hand at my back reminding me to move into the room. "You guys really didn't have to stay up waiting for me," I say aloud, both of their eyes shoot to me as if they didn't hear the door before— they damn well did. They probably even heard the elevator down the hall.

"It was no problem," Winter replied, placing her mug on the kitchen table, she walked over towards us. I heard the door close behind me, "Theo," she greeted, he didn't reply though I imagine he would have nodded in greeting or something. "How was coffee?" Rina piped up from the couch, she was now leaning forward as if waiting for a reply.

I take a quick glance at Theo from behind me, his thumb rubs along my lower spine. A reminder that he's still here. "It was good," I say with a smile, my cheeks trying their hardest to not burn at the touch. "Good," Theo repeated my word, "good," Rina mimicked. The four of us stood in silence before Winter choose to be the first to speak again.

"Well, now you're home and safe— I'll head back to my room," she grabbed her mug before heading down the right side of the apartment. Hers was on one side, next to the main bathroom, whereas mine and Rinas was on the other end. I didn't complain, all rooms are the same size. "You two can sit here," Sabrina said quickly as she shot up as if she'd been burnt by the couch.

I shook my head, "no, it's okay— you stay," it's only then that I realise what I have done. With Winter in her bedroom, and Rina in the living room, the only other, quiet place left was my bedroom. At the thought of Theo and I alone in my room, my whole body heated up. I felt a light pressure at my back, his hand still in place. "I'm going to stay up for a bit," I nodded as I began walking down the small hallway to my room.

I didn't check behind to know that Theo was following. His shadow fell over mine in the dim lit hallway. We didn't say anything, not even when we entered my room and I closed the door behind myself. I watched as his eyes scanned my room.

It was neat enough, my bed sat in the corner, the white sheets matched the walls. My full length window next to the bed allowed us to see the surrounding trees before the main road. My room was plain, it was simple. My bookshelf that had ten books sat on my other wall, along with my desk opposite of my bed. His eyes dropped to the floor to take in my rug with was a darker shade of green.

"I like your room," Theo finally said, he didn't move from his spot by the door. My arm brushing his as I walked past. "Do you have to get home or something?" I trailed off, suddenly feeling awkward by my question. I didn't want him to stay if he didn't want too— I wanted him to want to be here. I suddenly realised how I liked him in my room, it was like he fit despite him looking out of place.

I sat on the end of my bed to remove my boots. His eyes followed the motion but he never spoke, not even when he untied his own sneakers and pulled them off. I smiled to myself at the thought, he didn't have too but he did. I reached for my laptop where I left it on the crocheted blanket— well, my attempt of it. It wasn't very good, but I blame that on mom who said it would be easy... It wasn't, far from it.

"Do you want to watch a movie or something?" I asked quietly, the room was dark now, and as if he knew what I was thinking, he walked over to my desk to turn on my lamp. The fair lights hung around the windows though I didn't make any move to turn them on, nor did I lit the candle besides the bed. "Let me guess," Theo said with a grin, he had edged closer to the bed and I took that as a positive. "A romcom?"

I tilted my head, my cheeks blazing hot, "they're cute," was all I said in reply. "Cute," Theo hummed as he finally sat on the end of my bed. His thigh touched my knee and again, goosebumps appeared. "Let's see the options then," and so I did.

"If a man talks shit then I owe him nothing

"If a man talks shit then I owe him nothing."
I Did Something Bad

I love them sm, I cannot not keep repeating it.

I do hope you've enjoyed this chapter, I know I have writing it, I loved every moment, if I do say so myself. Their scenes will just get better, I promise. Now please do vote and comment on the chapter— it really helps me out, and it lets me know you enjoyed it.

I am so sorry for how late this chapter is... Life is crazy, also Taylor announcing a new album at the grammys, icon behaviour.

"Everybody wants you, but i don't like a gold rush."
gold rush

***

Love you always,

abi.