Esoteric (Pt. III) - K. HR x Reader

Start from the beginning

I hesitated to walk over, but did so anyway.

I didn't want Haerin to get hurt in anyway.

Two men suddenly walked out of the car and made their way towards Miss Kang.

I picked up my pace and one man suddenly started to yell at her.

"You were supposed to leave at 7am. Not 6am. Do you know how long it took us to catch up to you?!" The man seemed very aggressive.

Suddenly, he lifted his hands as if about to touch Haerin-ssi and I wasn't having any of it.

Before the man could place his dirty hands on Kang Haerin, I rushed to step in front of her and grab his wrists.

"What the fuck?!" The man exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you touch her!" I raised my voice at him, snatching his arms away from me.

"Do you know who I am?!" The man started to get aggravated.

"Y/n-ssi, it's fine. They're my husband's guards. They're here to protect me," Haerin suddenly spoke up.

I sighed bitterly and took a step back.

"You shouldn't be yelling at your boss like that," I tried to hold in my anger.

I didn't find it right for Miss Kahn's employees to be yelling at her the way they were.

"She left an hour earlier than planned!!" The man started to yell again.

"I asked her to!!!" I yelled back.

I knew I shouldn't be lying, but it seemed like the only course of action to protect Kang Haerin.

"I asked her to!! I'm sorry I didn't run it past Sajangnim first! It slipped my mind!!" I started to get enraged.

The man bit the inside of his cheek, as if he knew he couldn't tell at Haerin-ssi for something that wasn't her fault.

"Don't let it happen again. My job is on the line if I have no idea where she is at all hours of the day," The man mumbled as he spat to the side of him.

I sighed in frustration and bitterly nodded in agreement.

I knew that rich people kept tabs on each other, but this seemed a bit excessive.

Specially after I had dismissed Haerin's claim of having to be "allowed" to take the bus.

- Haerin POV -

I was really surprised by Y/n's actions.

"You didn't have to lie for me," I mumbled in embarrassment as we got in the car.

It was quiet for a few seconds.

"You shouldn't be treated like that," Y/n finally whispered back.

It got quiet again.

For the next hour or so, Y/n and I just sat quietly. Neither of us having anything to speak about.

Although, the entire time, I just kept thinking about how Y/n said... "You shouldn't be treated like that"....

For someone with good morals, it was surprising to hear that some things in my life weren't okay.

I always did my best to be the best fiancé and daughter-in-law I could be. So, I always did as I was asked. Even though, at times, it felt like the way I was treated was all wrong.

"I'm sorry," Y/n suddenly whispered.

"Huh?" I hummed out in confusion.

"I'm sorry about what I said at the restaurant.... about needing permission to ride the bus.... I didn't know Sajangnim was not a very good person..," Y/n explained themselves.