Part 2 - A Date

She walked inside, wearing a dress she wasn't comfortable with along with heels. She walked slowly to the host, "Hello, we booked a reservation under the name Belladonna?"

"Right this way, ma'am."

She followed behind, hugging her shoulders threading carefully with the heels she wore. Her eyes gazed at the fancy chandelier, the red carpet on the ground, the magnificent display of entrée as the chef hurriedly preparing food beside the guest's table. There were men in black tie and suits and women with fur coats and red lipstick with a full face of makeup, something she didn't seem to have.

But in the midst of all, she spotted a man who didn't fit the theme of the place. He was wearing a black string pendant with a small gold plate, a trench coat with one ear ring piercing and bleached grey hair. He caught her eyes, and she kept looking at him, wondering how a man that looked like that was in a place like this.

"Here is your date, ma'am."

"I am sure there has been some sort of mistake," she said, but the host ignored her as she looked at the man before he exchanged glances and kept eye contact with her. The silence was broken when he reached his hand out with a welcoming smile, "Hello, Sherry."

"I...I expected you to look different."

He looked at her baffled, "Don't cha know who I am?"

"I was raised in the brothel--"

Before she managed to pull the chair, he got up and walked to her, holding her carefully, and helped her sit down, as she looked confused before he sat back at his seat. He pushed an empty woven basket in front of her.

"The breadsticks were so good, I forgot to save some for ya, sorry," he said with a grin.

"What?"

"WAITER!" He shouted as she blinked multiple times seeing the scene before seeing a waiter scurriedly to him with a fresh basket of breadsticks, as he looked excitedly at the breadsticks, "Yay! Breadsticks, thank you!"

He placed it in front of her, smiling.

She was wondering if he was truly the man with money. Seeing his clothes, his mannerisms, and his age, she was caught off guard, especially because all the ideas that she had associated with the man with money before weren't in him. They used to talk about rich old men, but he was young, and his clothes almost seemed punk-like far from the rich people she was taught about and how she was supposed to please them.

"I... I expected you to be different?"

"Why?" He asked with a hand on his face, with a curious smile. She noticed the rings he wore, large rings, with one of them having a distinct skull on it and the other black with white wing-like carving.

"Did cha expect a stinky 40-year-old man to come here?" He grinned.

She fidgeted her hands, looking to the side, "Well, I've been told men who are older tend to have more money..."

"What a joke, they have children too. Those children have the same money as them, if not more."

"So, are you a nepo baby?"

"Nah, fuck that," he told her, as the waiter served the meal for both of them, "let's say I got businesses under control, hard work to keep them up, and I need a lady just as smart as I am."

"You must have made a mistake then," she said with her hands shivering to take a breadstick before eating. He looked at her as he followed what she was doing, too. He bit the breadstick from the side and pointed it at her, "I don't make mistakes darling, yer eyes tell me a million things I need to know, confusion, scepticism, but it all will make sense sooner or later."

"You are such a flirt," she told him, "makes me not want to trust you."

Right there, and then he pulled a gun out of his coat and dropped it on the table, as its weight caused the glasses on the table to move and clink. Her eyes widened, looking at it, as he pushed it to her.

"Open it up, sweetie."

She nervously opened the gun and saw it was fully loaded. He smiled sheepishly at her, "Feel free to point that at me if you want to, I'll let cha have that."

It clicked in her mind. There was something off about him, but she wasn't sure why.

The waiter arrived with the meal, placing it gently for both of them as they walked away with quick steps pushing the cart away. He continued eating his meal, and she could see no one else seem to mind them, as she placed the gun inside her bag.

"Just tell me what you need, and I'll give it to ya, money, fame, my life. Any wish you would like to have, think of me as yer genie," he told her, pointing at her with a fork before taking another bite.

"I...I need to think about it."

"We got all night, baby."

"Wait, wait, wait, aren't you like just a little bit... uhhh... ah yes, afraid! To like to give your life to a woman you just meet."

He smiled, but she felt something was off in that smile.

He raised his hand as the waiter approached him, "Nicholas El Hamson champagne, please."

She held his wrist, looking at him with eyes wide open, "Wait, wait, what do you mean by champagne."

"Is there a problem with it?"

"Y-You don't have to spend that much on me."

Her mind clicked, and she came to the realization she disobeyed Mother Bella. Mother Bella wants her to get sold. Her saying this may turn him off from doing exactly that, but when she thought about the rest of the girls at the place, she felt afraid.

"But if possible, I would like you to get more girls. Out of that place."

"Oh?" He smiled at her as he took a bite from his food, "tell me more," he leaned forward.

"It just, you have money, right? I am sure it's a piece of cake for you to get more of those girls out."

He looked into her eyes as he leaned forward, smiling wider, "Is that what ya want, darling?"

"Yes."

"Then consider it done."

Later, after dinner, he brought her to a hotel room, and she looked around nervously at the smooth, dark wooden floor, the white bed sheets. She knew this was the thing she was supposed to be doing. That's the purpose that was set for her. In her mind, there was nothing else for her to lose as long he kept the word. She gulped and clenched her fists before walking slowly to the bed.

But he noticed how she was shaking, seeing the way she gripped her hands tightly before he moved his hand slowly, holding her hand gently.

"Get some rest," he told her, slowly letting her lie down on the bed. he walked towards the door outside.

"Wait, but--"

"I got something to do," he told her, "I'll be back in an hour."

"But if so, I might need to go--"

He walked towards her, holding both of her cheeks and looking into her eyes with a soft smile.

"Just stay, don't go anywhere. I promise I'll be back in an hour, and Mother Bella won't hafta worry about ya anymore."

She looked at him in the eyes worried, but she nodded.

He walked out of the door as she waited patiently for him, looking at the television of the hotel in front of her, trying to calm herself down.

He got into his black car, took out his phone and quickly a number, his face changed from the calm into fury, "Gastov, call the men, I need them to help me out, we are goin' on a raid."