one / a god watches

Comenzar desde el principio

but there was another reason apollo watched these bloodlusting war machine children so closely. he knew among them was a future soulmate. which. . . well, it was unexpected, to say the least. apollo knew he was a violent god - he was the god of plagues, after all. but ares was a god of war and his children were like him. what was more violent than war? nothing. it was odd that apollo a ( usually ) peaceful god would be fated with a violent demigod who probably solved every situation they found themselves in with their fists.

( apollo swore those ares kids came out of the womb, teeth bared and knuckles aching from fighting their way out of their mother )

since the fates themselves told him of this, he'd decided to keep a very close eye on any
children of ares to try and figure out which one was his. they had to fight some requirements though.

the fates had mentioned something about nine being a significant age for this particular demigod. so anytime a child of ares hit nine, he watched them very intently. he hoped the fates meant something good would happen to them at this age. . . if not. Well, apollo had lost alot of lovers throughout his godhood. losing another one would be the ugliest sight for anyone ever. his eyes started to glaze over with cruelty at the thoughts of what he'd do to the world if -----

"brother, what are you looking at?" artemis's voice shook him out of the dark train of thoughts his mind was heading in. "You've been staring into nothing for the past ten minutes."

apollo tilted his head to look at his little sister and his lips curved into a grin. "artemis!" he put an arm around her shoulder and pulled her in, ruffling her hair.

"get off of me, you ----- "

"how's my favourite twin doing?"

"I'm your only twin, apollo." she said as she pushed him away, "and answer my question."

"I'm watching ares." he said simply, "not in a stalker way though."

"thats basically stalking, dear brother." artemis sighed, "why are you watching. . . ah, this is about the fates isnt it." realisation quickly dawned on her. "you're becoming too obessesed with what tthey told you, brother. it's been, what? two hundred years since you were told by them."

"two hundred and four years, seven months and eighteen days." he said, running a hand through his blonde locks. "but ares is with a younger daughter right now, artemis."

"he's been with lots of young children before, apollo." artemis stated plainly. she came to stand next to apollo and looked on the screen where ares was taking a child, who couldn't have been that old, from a woman. artemis's brows furrowed, "I recognise that woman. . . I've seen her before."

apollo nodded, "the girl looks so young... she must be about. . ." he trailed off and paled, "nine." he breathed out shakily, "she's nine, artemis."

artemis shook her head, "it could mean nothing."

she had a point but -----

"it could mean everything." he said, his voice borderlining on desperation now. he turned his head back to the screen and now ares was walking with the young girl in his arms. she was crying and ares was. . . comforting her? apollo's face scrunched up ----- the sight was weird.

the girl buried her face against ares's neck and he was rubbing her back and he held her. the whole scene was so strangely domestic. ares seemed less like a god and more like a regular man who was walking down a street with his young daughter.

"Wheres he taking her?" artemis asked.

"probably to camp halfblood."

the goddess shook her head, "you know gods don't do that. they don't personally take their children to camp halfblood ----- satyrs or mortal parents do. . . not gods, apollo. its never gods."