so in total, bowie had one friend.

four years at camp and all she managed to make was one friend. and he wasn't exactly a normal regular demigod type of boy. no, he was a son of Nemesis who seemed to have no qualms against killing anything. that was probably a sign he could very well be on the road to a serial killer future but Bowie ignored it because ethan was nice ------ well, as nice as he could be as a boy full of rage at alot of things, mainly the gods. Bowie didn't blame him, he deserved a cabin. Ethan was amazing.

( okay so maybe Bowie had a little bit of a crush on ethan but it wasn't like it was a major thing where she thought about him alot and blushed whenever she saw him because that would be stupid. it was the tiniest crush in existence. besides, she was supposed to fall for apollo so there was no way she'd fall for someone else. )

bowie liked being a lone wolf but being a lone wolf with ethan? that was better. they could both be outcasts together, she didn't mind that. she didn't mind being lonely if she had ethan to be lonely with.

some nights, ethan would sneak out of the Hermes cabin and tap on the window by her bed to wake her up. the two would go into the forest and lay on the grass, looking up at the stars together because that was the typical teenage romance stuff.

( except Bowie knew she could never have ethan. there was always something stopping her ----- like the whole apollo situation. and him joining the opposite side in the war. . . oh, and probably him dying at the very end of the war. Bowie was prepared to go long distance relationship but not that long )

but it wasn't like ethan was the center of her solar system, so far away from her that she could never reach him. because ethan was not the sun and bowie was not earth. no, ethan was just an angry boy who wanted to watch the world burn all in the name of justice. and bowie was just an angry girl who was angry because of everything happening.

( because apollo was the sun ----- a destructive star. and bowie was nothing but a small insignificant planet to him. . . that's what she saw it as anyway. the sun could destroy the solar system. apollo could destroy her )

ethan was an angry boy and bowie was an angry girl ----- they'd probably make the perfect couple. ( but ethan's death does put a strain on the relationship. he kind of stopped contacting her after that happened )

BOWIE GETS SENT ON A SIMPLE MISSION ----- HELP OUT GROVER AND CHIRON WITH A DEMIGOD. though yhe mission turns not to simple when the demigod, a boy by the name of percy jackson, is attacked by a fury. then grover and bowie get attacked by angry birds, then all three of them, plus percy's mum are attacked attacked the Minotaur. overall, it doesn't go well. percy's mum dies, but so does the Minotaur. so at least percy got some kind of revenge for what happened to his mum.

and bowie comes to this realisation that she doesn't really mind being around grover and percy. they're nice boys, and she doesn't detest their company. she'd spent so long running from friendship, she never stopped to think about how nice it would be to have more than one friend.

though, befriending percy jackson seems to bring some troubles. because he gets claimed by poseidon who was one of three gods to take an oath to not have demigod children, but bowie supposes it can't get much worse than that.

spoiler: it can.

percy gets given a quest, and asks bowie to come along with him, to which she agrees to. and then as a aftereffect, she gets dragged along by percy, annabeth and grover in all the quests they do. and it's not exactly fun. it's dangerous, likely to get them killed and it involved alot of fighting. but bowie isn't going to complain too much, she's a daughter of ares ----- it's in her DNA to love violence and fighting.