- 6. | 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬

Start from the beginning

No. It was anything but fun. Especially being tormented by a robot that you once had feelings for.

Fizz had his arms crossed, staring down at you with not much amusement. Safe to say, he thought the same as you. "I don't know, don't you get bored?"

There was that bitter feeling in your chest, again. How'd he know?

"I mean, yeah. Sometimes," your shoulder shrugs, and the way your voice was lighter made it all the more obvious how you really felt. "But it's not all bad. For a while, it was my only way of getting to talk to y—" your eyes widen, and you pause what you'd been doing. Staring at the limp robot in a small shock, you realize that the words just came out before you could even stop them from happening.

Shit shit shit.

Fizz flinched, but you didn't want to look over to see his reaction. It actually felt like you'd been frozen in fear.

You pick up the pliers and focus on the wires again instead. "I mean, like, you know, because nobody else here is cool. It's tiring dealing with parents and their kids all day." Quick recovery, you think to yourself.

"Riiight . ." Fizz looks away awkwardly, and you feel the disappointment in your stomach start to bubble.

You're always fucking up. Why can't you just shut the hell up for once?

"You know, this place actually brings back some memories!" Fizz turns away from you, and walks across the stage. "I was good as a circus performer too, even as a kid." His smile briefly faded, you noticed, but when he turned back to you, it was bright again.

"I'm surprised you aren't some form of jester." He looks you over once. You furrow a brow. "Was that supposed to be a compliment, or are you just making fun of me?" There's a tease in your voice again.

Fizz smirks. "You're actually . . not bad."

You look up at him, sharing the lighthearted smile for a brief moment. There's a fuzziness in you as that compliment starts to sink in.

The wire in your hand sparks, and you yank your hand away quickly with a flinch of pain. Fizz's eyes widen, looking down at the robot's neck. Clearly, you separated the wrong wires. You blame him for distracting you.

"What's happening?" Fizzarolli asks, taking a step closer to your side.
This was hardly new to you, but clearly Fizz thought something about this was dangerous.

You shake off the stinging in your hand, and tilt your head. "It happens all the time. Damn thing always short circuits."

"Y-Your finger!" He was oddly caring right now. Was this actually how Fizz was?

Your eyes glance down to the dozens of burn scars littering your hands. They'd eventually fade over time. It was just one of the many 'perks' of working at Loo Loo Land.

Your finger was bleeding, but you barely even noticed it. "It's fine." Brushing it off was just easier than dwelling on it.
You actually found it a little comical how freaked out he was by all of this. A smile managed to calm him down, seeing as though you were hardly phased by it.

"Just a faulty connection. I didn't solder it right." You give a little wink, and hold up the gun to the wire, fixing the two together. The sparks went away.