III

"Minji's POV"

Kang Haerin's scent is something else... It calms me as you may know by now... and I almost slapped her again till she hugged me... Right... she's still hugging me. I remove myself from the hug and see her big feline eyes looking at me. They were filled with something familiar yet foreign... Worry. I hated people worrying for me.

"Stop looking at me like that", I spat.

I hate it, people looking at me in pity like they understand what I went through and the things I sacrificed. I don't need their pity, much less them worrying about me. I can get about fine just alone. As long as I have my parents, Mr. Park that's all I ask for.

"Look like you like what..." she gently said.

"Like you pity me Kang. I don't need your pity nor worry. I'm fine." I growled before I walked away. My mood for the day instantly went down the gutter.

"Kim Minji, have you fetched her over yet? I want to have a talk with her during dinner. The rest of them are coming over." My dad called from downstairs. I froze when I heard that the rest are coming. Don't get me wrong I love them, but they're way too tiring to be around sometimes... I want my alone time too you know.

"Yes dad, She's in my room, I'm just going to my home office." I walk towards my home office as I hear a grunt of approval from him. I slump into the couch and sigh in content as I feel my body relax, I'm way too tired... way too stressed for this. I want her back, she would support me and listen to me... I stood up and walk to the table and pick up the photo frame. The photo in the photo frame contain me and someone else... A really really special someone. My grandma... She was Mr. Park's wife, Mrs. Park but I treat her the same as I would my grandma. She was the sweetest, she was everything you would ask for in a grandma. Gentle, sweet, caring, kind... I could go all day...

But God stole her away from me, he stole the only person that loved me for who I am no matter my negatives. Remembering the memories I have with her made me tear up as I laugh in disbelief... Seems like I'm too weak, way too weak... How could I cry when someone isn't here anymore. H-how... G-grandma.... G...grandma.... G-GRANDMAAAA. I kneel down and break down crying, clutching the photo frame close to my chest as I wail over her death. Why? Why must everyone steal everything away from me? I lie on the floor with tears flowing down my cheeks like an endless river, and soon, I drift off to sleep, dreaming about the amazing times me and my grandma had.

"Haerin's POV"

"Haerin, go and ask Minji to come down soon, there will be guests coming. I thought I told her to tell you? Did she not tell you?"

I nod, "Sorry Sir, it must have slipped my mind."

I headed up to the home office and it has been hours since Minji went into her home office, I hope nothing went wrong... I knock on the door and open it to see a figure lying down on the floor. I gasp and quickly run in to see Minji lying on the floor, soft snores coming from her which causes me to chuckle. She's pretty cute when she's asleep alright... If only she wasn't so stuck up and an asshole. Maybe I wouldn't be so opposed to be engaged with her.

In the corner of my eye, I saw a photo frame of an elderly woman and a girl who resembles Minji. Awww, it must be baby Minji and her grandma.. How cute!

I gently took the photo frame from her hands and gently stroke the photo frame. I wonder what happened to her for her to become this bad? The maids around the house gossip and rumours were ever since her grandma died, she changed for the worst. An adorable, bright, bubbly, and kind girl turned into a cold, cruel, harsh nightmare of a child, at least towards everyone else.