Villains Like Scheming

Börja om från början

"You really are holding on to the grudge from the fan-meet, aren't you?" Jay snorts.

"Massasauga is a fine enough target, but can I ask why?" Says Samson.

"We're going to unmask him and show the world just how corrupt the Network is."

Razzmatazz tilts her head in confusion. "What do you mean by unmask?"

"I mean, we are literally going to hold him down and take his mask off."

The group of villains gawk, flabbergasted. Gannet stands abruptly, hands on the table. "Wait, we're going to out his secret identity!?"

"Yep. I've been kinda waiting for something like this to happen—I mean, it doesn't make much sense that you haven't done it already. You've literally had him at your mercy multiple times."

"Well, it never really occurred to me..."

"You're not alone. It seems to be a common flaw among supers."

"Damn Quickwiz!" Texas laughs, "you're ruthless!"

"Okay, Quickwit, but how is unmasking Massasauga going to show the Network is corrupt?" Gannet asks.

"I have a strong hunch that Massasauga's true identity is Elan Dempsey. If that's true, it likely means that the only reason they accepted him to be a hero was so Astronotech would provide funds and tech for free."

"No! Please don't say it's true! Please god don't tell me Massasauga is the richest man in the country!" Razzmatazz gasps.

"Well, I could be wrong. But I'm probably not..."

"No!" Razzmatazz wails, flopping onto the kitchen table.

Samson snorts, sipping his coffee. "You have a knack for figuring people out. Are there any other hero identities you wanna reveal to us?"

"No I—"

"Oh! Pixamena! Tell us who Pixamena is! And Delta! Oh—and that little shit Aquarikid!" Texas grins.

"I—I'm not unmasking anyone who doesn't deserve it," Jay says.

"So you do know their identities."

Jay groans at his slip up, pinching his nose. "No I—ugh, can we move on, please?"

"What else is there to discuss? We're gonna fuck up Massasauga and steal his fortune!" Razzmatazz laughs.

"That's not what's happening. The plan is to lure him out and unmask him—plus, if we're lucky, we can get our hands on some Astronotech technology..."

"I don't really need flashy gadgets," says Gannet, swirling a blade of shadow in the air.

"It's not for us to use. Astronotech has close ties with the Network. There's no telling what kind of secrets we could uncover if we could hack into one of their devices."

"Alright! Well let's go, I'm ready!" Says Texas.

"Hold your horses," huffs Jay, "we need to discuss worst-case scenarios and what to do if problems arise..."

"With Styggy there I doubt anything can go wrong," Razzmatazz says.

"Just like all the other times he won? I've personally defeated him, and I'm a sidekick!"

"I let you win!" Gannet pouts

"I'm being serious, guys. We can lose, especially if they send Alphaman"

"They're not gonna send Alphaman, they never deploy him anymore," says Samson.

"I heard he refuses to make public appearances," Razzmatazz adds.