The Basics

This will be going over the basics that my ideas will be based on and what will be necessary to understand the ideas that will be told later on.

Main Color: Green
Protagonist Gender: Female
Story Inspirations: Fairytales, Folk Tales, and some Christianity
Themes: Mental Health and Coping Mechanisms
Message(s): You are not defined by what's written down, you are allowed to say, "No, I want something else.". And overcoming what people think of you when it comes to your mental health/medical condition.

Reasons: I wanted to include this part so I can explain some of decisions I made. So with the color, green is just obvious as a Persona 6 color. Lots of Persona 6 fan products have green as the main color and I thought I would follow suit.
The female protagonist is something I wanted to delve into a bit. As you guys know from my other works, I love my female protagonists and I'm keeping it up because we need more female protagonists lol. In actuality, I just want there to be a female protagonist in modern Persona that doesn't have a controversy with them (I love Minako/Kotone/FeMC, but I understand that she's controversial for a lot of things). I wanted to create a possible Persona protagonist that won't be as controversial because of things included in the game. 
For my story inspirations and the first message (because they go hand-in-hand), I will be using Fairytales and Folk Tales with some aspects of Christianity to help emphasize the message. Honestly, reinventing fictional stories has always been fascinating to me so creating the characters with these fictional story relations has been fun. But of course, no one are one-to-one exact copies of each other and the same go for characters (unless they're meant to be, but you get it). So giving the characters traits of their fairytale/folk tale counterparts and figuring how different they can be has been great and fun.
Now for the themes! Mental health has been a subject I always wanted to look into. Fun fact: I did consider studying to be a therapist or councillor before realising that it wasn't my calling. Even so, mental health is still a subject I love to get to understand so I can understand not only myself, but others as well. Coping mechanisms also go hand in hand with this as different coping mechanisms can say a lot about a person and I'd love to incorporate different coping mechanisms to the characters.
Now the second part of the message. It would go hand-in-hand with the one above, but I'd like to say this on its own. I know it's obvious, but we are more than our mental health/medical condition. Sadly, most characters in media tend to depict people with certain mental health issues/medical conditions as a bad thing or even apart of villains, when they're not usually like that in real life. I wanted to take this chance to using the knowledge that I'm researching, and some of my own experience.

Now! Here is something big: The Tartarus/Mementos of this story!

This took me a while to think about, but I thought of something that could be really interesting. So the main cast would go to the other world and find books of fairytales that will have the main character's appearance obscured until the main cast would find the person in real life. They would also have 'endings' that don't match their real life story endings and will be labelled as 'complete'. It's around the time when the person in question is revealed to the main cast, they will be targeted and sent into the other world through a distortion that matches a specific location from the story. Of course, the main cast will save these people, but there were cases before the story takes place where people weren't able to be saved, leaving the stories without ending. Those stories piled up over time and create a giant pit that the main cast will call, "The Pit of Unfinished Books" (or the P.U.B. for short). In the P.U.B., there will be a lot of shadows that are characters from the stories without endings that are vengeful because of that fact. 
There will also be times when nearby books, the main cast will be calling them "Short Stories", that won't be needing the main casts interventions to be labelled as 'complete'. But, the P.U.B. will find these nearby "Short Stories" and send them into it's depths, resulting in the "Short Stories" having no ending, and the person associating with them will shut down in real life. The main cast would venture into the P.U.B. to save the "Short Stories", saving the person associating with them (Kind of like the change of heart requests from Persona 5).

And that's the basics, along with some of my reasons for the choices without going too in depth in details that would be considered a possible spoiler, or something that would be different later on because of of this still being a WIP. Keep an eye out for more parts of me talking about the OCs I've made for this Persona 6 project I've got. Have a great day!