Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

"Alright."

"What should I do?" I ask.

"Can you clean up the garbage from the living room?" Oliver asks. "We'll set anything we're salvaging in there, and the garage can go in the backyard for now. We'll get some dumpsters tomorrow."

"Clean up trash?" I grumble as I kick a can from under my feet.

"Every little bit helps, Darlin," Hunter says teasingly. "Ready, Oliver?"

I roll my eyes in annoyance as I head to Hunter's truck to grab a garbage bag. I decide today is the last day I'm coming to help if I'm the trash picker upper.

Oliver is carrying one of the cabinet doors into the living room as I walk back in with a trash bag. He sets it against a wall and then glances at me.

"Hey, Kinz?"

"What?'

"What elements are this cabinet composed of?" he asks. 

I stare at him dumbly for several moments until I finally remember.

"Oh god," I snort with laughter as it hits me.

"Well?" he prompts as he smirks at me.

"Shut and it." I quip, making us both laugh.

When I have the living cleared of junk, I glance over and see the guys are making good progress in the kitchen. They have the faces off and are now working together on the cabinets.

Oliver is holding it up as he kneels on the counter. Meanwhile, Hunter uses a screwdriver to unfasten the thing from the wall, his thick brows crinkling as he concreates on his task. He gets it, and it falls from the wall once he does, but both he and Oliver easily take hold of it.

They carry it into the living room. Oliver lets out the smallest of grunts as he adjusts to the weight, his biceps flexing as he gets hold of it. They walk together, carrying it carefully, and as they lean down to set it down, I get an eyeful of Hunter's butt in his well-fitted jeans.

They stand and turn back towards me; both have messy hair and tiny beads of sweat forming on their foreheads.

Fuck, I gulp as they pass by me. 

I have a feeling my dreams are going to be rated Brandi tonight.

**

Once they complete the kitchen, it's time for the fun stuff, wall smashing. We enter Kris's old room first, and Hunter ensures we're all fitted with hard hats. He shows me where to hit, and I get to take the first swing. It doesn't so much but dent the wall a little.

"Really hit it hard," Hunter says. He swings to show me, and we crack through to Oliver's old bedroom.

"Damn!" I peek through the new hole in the wall.

"Go ahead, swing it," Hunter encourages.

"Pretend it's Julian's face," Oliver adds, and Hunter chuckles.

I swing it hard, smashing it right through, and it's fun, so fun I hit it again and then again.

"I'm good at this!" I cheer as I step through the gaping wall to Oliver's old room.

"Wow," I hear Oliver mumble as he steps in behind me. "The old burn mark is still there."

"We almost got killed for that one," I comment.

"No, we almost killed ourselves with that one," Hunter corrects.

"We?" Oliver laughs. "I was not part of you two deciding to see if you could roast marshmallows over a candle."