The cashier smiled. She was an old lady in her fifties , she had deep brown eyes an almost black. Her blond hair was in a pony tail which was in a hair band. “Hi.” She greeted.

“Hi, can I just have a decaf?” I asked as I pulled a five dollar bill from my pocket.

“Muffin?” She asked as she gestured towards them.

“No I’m okay, I just want coffee.” I told her. She nodded and took the five and gave me my change. I took the styrofoam cup and went to a booth. It had the window right beside it which made the glass cool when I leaned against it. I took a sip of my coffee, pulled out my phone.

No new messages.

Was typed across the screen. I sighed, and texted Kate.

Call me when you get this.

I placed the phone on the table, took another sip of coffee, that’s when the chimes on top of the door jingled. I didn’t see who it was at first, I was almost in the back of the room, and he had his back to me. It was hard to make out what he or the cashier was saying.

But once he turned around. I swear my face went red. Sam locked gaze with me, I looked away, and out the window. I heard foot steps come towards me, I braced myself for Sam. But it was just the cashier.

“You sure you don’t want a muffin?” She asked with a smile. Which showed her missing tooth.

“I’m fine, thanks.” The cashier sighed and walked back towards the coffee makers. I finished my last gulps of coffee and threw out the cup, and walked out the door. I fumbled with the keys, trying to find the button to unlock the car.

“Ashley.”

I spun around to see Sam leaning on his car. I blushed immediately. Without a word he walked towards me.

“This is what I wanted to do last night.” I looked at him confused. He put his hand up to push my bangs out of my eyes. He stared directly in my eyes, making me feel as if he was searching me, studying me. That is when he leaned in and kissed me. Fumbling with my keys didn’t seem to matter, my parent’s fighting didn’t seem to matter. Nothing mattered in those sweet moments that Sam kissed me. I kissed him back, I kissed him until I need to catch my breath.

I smiled like a fool. So did Sam, I wanted to say something, but no words came out. I felt a buzz in my pocket, I wanted to ignore it but something told me to answer it.

Incoming call.

Kate.

I looked at Sam. “It’s alright , you can answer it.”

Before I could say anything A loud scream came in the background.

“Shut up!” I heard Kate scream.

“Is everything alright Kate?” I asked suddenly panicked.

“Do you consider a bunch of people grinding and destroying a house alright?!” Kate said frustrated.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“What’s going on, what’s going on? Well lets see I came to your house to see if you were home and I get greeted by a bunch of people going crazy, throwing things, destroying things. Get off the counter!” Kate screamed. “For bloody’s sakes Ashley come home.” Then the phone went dead.

I looked up at Sam, panicked, scared.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

“I don’t know.” I told him. “I know I have to go.” I fumbled with my keys again. I walked towards my car and unlocked it. I closed my door.

“Wait, Ashley.” Sam came over to my window. He looked like he wanted to say something but he kissed me again. I let go of my grip of the steering wheel.

“Call me.” Sam said as he left my window. I looked out the windshield focusing on the building in front of me, to try to make my head to stop spinning. I started the car and pulled out of the parking lot.

I started to panic, I was thinking of thousands of things.

What was going on at my house, where was Erica?

What did Sam try to do last night?

What happened last night?

I tried to breathe deeply and relax but it was no use, I was worried. I pulled in my street and cars were parked along the road. Cars were everywhere. I gulped.

I pulled up to my house, that didn’t look like my house.

People were scatted every where. Out side and you could see more people inside. I parked the car across the street, pushing through people when I reached my house. I pushed until I got to the door. When I opened it I didn’t expect what I expected.

People were grinding in the living room, like Kate said. Some idiots took mattress and was riding them down the stairs. If you looked up the stairs people were hooking up. I went to the kitchen were all the food was placed on the counters. I searched for Kate, but I only saw un familiar faces.

“Ashley!” Someone screamed.

I turned my head to Kate, pushing through people to reach me.

“I’m so glad you’re here!” Kate said as she hugged me.

“What’s going on? How did these people get here?” I asked her.

She shrugged. I felt a sudden pain in my head, a headache, great.

“Hey.” Kate said quietly, she nudged my arm. I looked at her. She gestured her head towards the couch in the hallway. Yes my living room couch was now in the hallway. And Erica was on the couch, with a guy, who wasn’t Ben. And they were making out.

I gasped, because Ben had walked through the door with looks that could kill.