Sleepover・❥・

Graham POV

i wake up to a sunny day which is rare for london. though, that's not the only good news, i also wake up and find myself resting on violet's chest. we must've fallen asleep cuddling each other yesterday night. cute. i remember the night fully and i also remember that i did drink but i don't feel much of an intense hangover today. what a great morning. 

i sense violet is awake too when she starts playing with my hair. i smile and bury my face deeper into her chest and wrap my hands around her tighter, "good morning, gra." she says in her sweet, hypnotizing morning voice.

"good morning violet-" i reply.

"you can call me v again. i like it when you call me that" she states. she seems to be in a good mood. i think i am slowly getting my old violet back.

"v- i just want to say that i am really sorry about the alex thing- i want to apologize again and- also i am really glad to have you back- in my life." 

after a short pause, "i am happy to have you in mine too." she replies which makes me smile big but she can't see. well i can't see either technically because i don't have my glasses on.

"my life feels so out of control especially after the alex incident- but when i do things systematically according to my plan and schedule and spend time with you, things seem nice. i feel better. i feel light"

"i understand...i love spending time with you too! when i drink- i feel light, talking to you erm- feels easier or just talking and functioning in general comes to me more easily if i am drunk-" i add on.

she stops playing with my hair and i feel the amour in the room drop. there's a bit of tension in the air.

"well, gra you should try talking to me without being drunk-" she suggests.

"hm maybe" i mumble. 

i let go of violet and sit up. my feet hit the cold ground and the slow yet penetrating sound of the ceiling fan is the only thing i hear for a while. it feels like the only thing everyone wants to talk about is my drinking problem. please not violet too. this is overwhelming.

i am made to turn around when i hear her, "come back! i want to sleep more!" she says in a tired tone. 

oh well it's hard to say no to violet so i crawl back into the position we were just in and before i know it i doze off to sleep and so does she. this is comforting.

-

i wake up to the sun being a slightly darker and warmer tone outside. i realise violet is still sleeping so i get up carefully and make my way to the kitchen. on the way, i gaze at the clock it's 12:30 in the afternoon. i guess we have skipped breakfast without meaning to.

i open the fridge and i am reminded of the time violet not only went out to the shops to buy some stuff but also made me breakfast. i was beyond hungover and sick that day. she really helped me out and well, today i am planning to make her the best lunch ever as a sort of a thank you for that day and just a thank you for existing.

i explore her fridge further and oddly, a lot of the items ae expired. she hasn't eaten them in a while and they've just been sat in her fridge till expiration. again, quite odd. i make a mental note of that and make lunch using the rest of the ingredients. 

while preparing for the meal, my eyes catch on a detail which is not that weird but i still make a mental note of it too. every single ingredient from butter to oil is the fat free version. i overlook this and start to cook. 

i'd love to cook with some music playing in the background but i don't want to wake violet up from her beauty sleep. though, not after a good half an hour i hear her footsteps entering the kitchen. i turn around and greet her with a smile.