is something wrong? - hanbin

thank you for the request hsgcoff !
‎‏‏‎ ‎

Hanbin-centric, overworking, exhaustion, fainting

Zerobaseone's first comeback is nearing, and Hanbin overworks himself.

‎words : 2770
‎‎

———————————

The lights of the dorm bedrooms were bright. Too bright for Hanbin's weary eyes, the lack of sleep visible from the dark circles decorating his under eyes. For the past two weeks of preparing for their first comeback, Hanbin has been working until the early morning hours, getting barely 3 hours of sleep per night. Even when they were debuting, his routine wasn't like this. It was now when the first comeback as a group was just around the corner that he couldn't help but stay over at the studio every day, going through the choreography again and again.

One night some days ago he had told the members he needed to get on a little extra practice for his part in the verse where he does some tutting moves. And it was true, he had to learn the part well to be able to do it well in their behind-the-scenes recording, that the company pushed them to do even though everyone was already tired. Adding a camera to the mess was not something that any of them especially wanted, but it couldn't really be avoided, as they were idols, anyway.

Since then, Hanbin had stayed every night, sometimes a member or two joining him in the late hours of the night, but usually still leaving before Hanbin himself at the peak of dawn. He never really minded them leaving him alone, always showing them some kind of smile and never forgetting to tell them to have a good night.

With being a leader comes responsibilities, and when the choice was being made, Hanbin knew that. He knew what he was getting himself into. He had looked up multiple videos of leaders from other groups, learning about the different things he would have to remember. Like how ultimately if there ever was a scandal, he would be the one clearing it up with the company. It was fine; he trusted his members enough to not do anything stupid, most of them having perfectly enough media training, anyway. Or just their shared past, where they all had to be cautious of their every move to not get the Daeul treatment, as they liked to call evil editing these days. So he didn't really worry about it. But for some reason, lately even that had left him feeling overwhelmed.

It was one week and four days to their first comeback and Hanbin was exhausted, to say the least. As if only the immense amount of practice wasn't enough, there was a spreading cold running around the company a few of the members had caught, which had made them unable to practice to their fullest extent, which then again slowed down the whole groups preparations. Hanbin didn't scold the members for it, of course not, as they couldn't control it. He only felt a slight dissatisfaction, deciding to push it to the back of his head to be dealt with later. Like he always did whenever something bothered him.

As he got up from his bed, he stumbled, leaning his hand to the wall. His head was throbbing, and he closed his eyes for a second in an attempt to ease the pain, which ultimately didn't work. He liked to believe the quick movement of getting up from his bed made him dizzy, though he knew full well it was the lack of rest his body had had. Hanbin opened his eyes again just to wince at the light coming through the window straight to his face. He continued on with his morning routine with a frown, soon in the bathroom brushing his teeth.