dependable hyung - jiwoong

thank you for the request xXAiko16xX

Jiwoong-centric, hurt/comfort, Jiwoong is not okay, He is a little bit out of character, References to his past groups, References to bad treatment, fainting

Jiwoong had gone through a lot in his past as an idol. He is suffering from the aftermath all alone, until he faints.

‎words : 2348

‎———

a/n_1
This is not exactly what the request asked for, i'm sorry :') Also the events from Jiwoong's past are mostly made up for the sake of the plot, they are not real as far as we know. Not beta read! Enjoy reading!

———————————

Jiwoong sat on a sofa backstage, as the group had earlier finished their first rehearsal of their debut stage. He was eyeing the staff around the room, trying to figure out what was going through their heads. Some memories made him cautious around industry people, including fellow idols and staff members. He had once gone through that emotional turmoil of being treated inhumanely, and god he hoped no one would ever need to experience what he did.

Especially not any of his members, his lovely dongsaengs. He was willing to give everything so that none of them ever had to live through that.

That was the exact reason he was there, glaring diggers at the stylist who was giving Yujin some pieces to try on, last-minute details, in the changing rooms. He made sure to see every minor feature, if anything suspicious was going on. Now some people could call him paranoid with the way he doubted everything and everyone. And maybe he was, but he just didn’t know what to do about it. Or maybe he didn’t think anything was wrong with him. Everyone was just as skeptical as him, right?

Yujin smiled at the stylist as he looked at the piece of fabric on her arm. She attempted to style it onto Yujin’s bottoms, the belt loops of his jeans. Yujin seemed unbothered, actually quite enjoying trying new looks and seeing what fits and what doesn’t.

But Jiwoong, of course, wouldn’t know that. If it was someone else observing the scene, maybe they could read Yujin’s demeanor and see that he was fine and comfortable. But with Jiwoong, the doubts and ideals that were imprinted in his mind weren’t that easy to dismiss.

See, Jiwoong had been in this industry earlier. He had seen the worst it could be. Idols being treated inhumane in the media was an unfortunately usual thing, something that every kid dreaming about the path knew. But at least the company and the people working behind the artist should be alright… right?
Jiwoong had gone through quite the extreme. He had major problems trusting any of the team working behind anything his group did, to this day. All caused by a bunch of people in his past not doing their job the way they should. Whatever it was, Jiwoong was always skeptical.

For example, looking back at the day of the Boys Planet finals, when the group was making their way to the dorms promised for them, their new home, Jiwoong was in a weird mental state. He was paranoid, constantly questioning where the driver was taking them. He did get some weird glances from a few people in the car, but with most of them being way too tired to even comprehend they were in a car, let alone someone speaking, no one ever brought it up.

Now was a similar situation. He could remember, when he was preparing for promotions with INX years ago, the staff had seemed alright, just like how you would assume normal entertainment company workers would be like. Well, that ideal was shook out of him pretty quickly. From treating him and his teammates of the time like mannequins with no feelings to not providing any kind of support for their career.