𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐕𝐄

(A/N: A STEVEPOP CHAPTER WOOOOO)

— Me and Sodapop were working at the DX alone. No one was there besides us. Sandy walks in. I hate Sandy; I hate her because she dates Sodapop. I wish instead of her it'd be me. I would be the one to kiss him. I'd be the one to hold his hand. We'd be the ones to cuddle.

I thought I loved Evie when I was dating her; I thought it was just a coincidence that she looks like sodapop. They both have blue eyes and short brown hair. She almost always never wore makeup. I didn't realize that it wasn't a coincidence until I started having a crush on Soda.

Can't help but falling in love by Elvis Presley started playing. Sandy and sodapop giggle and they started slow dancing. I look at them. Here? I was bubbling with jealousy.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

Sandy and Soda look into each other's eyes before continuing to dance.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be

I am so close to breaking. It was like my heart was breaking into halves. Why couldn't it be me?

Take my hand
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

I went back to working on the car to distract myself from them but I couldn't take my eyes off of the brown haired boy.

Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling, so it goes
Some things are meant to be

I looked at them dancing again, jealousy bubbling out of me as I tried to control it.

Take my hand
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help falling in love with you

They kissed when the song ended. I couldn't handle it anymore and ran away from the DX. I realized I was crying. I was crying because it was Sandy; not me.

Not even a minute later, sodapop walked and sat beside me on the grass. "Steve? You okay?" I looked at sodapop. Tears were in my eyes. Me, a big, tough guy, was crying. I'm not Dallas Winston tough— but I rarely cry. Sodapop had never really seen me cry. The only time he had seen me cry is when my old man kicks me out of the house.

The blue eyed greaser puts a hand on my shoulder. "Steve. I'm right here. Talk to me." Soda was obviously worried. I ignore him, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it; I take a drag and sigh.

"Steve— I can help if you talk to me. You're not giving me the chance to help." I look away from him. "Go away, Curtis." I say coldly.

Soda winced and felt a little hurt by what I said. I felt bad; he still didn't want to give up, so he continues to speak to me. He wanted to comfort me.

"Steve, why are you treating me like this? I'm your best friend. I have been since grade school. I want to help you. What happened to us?" Soda asks me. "MAYBE I DON'T WANNA BE YOUR FRIEND!" —Sodapop froze— "Maybe I wanna be more." I say.

"Steve...I support you and all...I just...don't like you like that...I'm dating Sandy and we love each other." I just nod, knowing that was coming.

"And...I'm thinkin of marrying her..."

I wanted to cry even more. But I somewhat kept my sobs in me. Sodapop tried to hug me but I pushed him away. "Fuck off Curtis. Go make out with your girlfriend or something." I say coldly. The younger nods and gets up. He was about to go into the break room.

"I will wait a whole life time to be with you. But I know you like Sandy. You deserve her. Just know, I'm waiting." I say before Sodapop goes back into the DX break room.

The brunette nods and walks into the break room. I sigh and get up, angrily kicking the grass.