𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐏

FIVE YEARS LATER : 1980

(A/N: Last chapter before the epilogue...)

— I think I'm ready. He's not Sandy. He ain't Sandy. I grabbed the engagement ring that mom passed down to me. I walk around or shared house and I saw Steve sitting by the fire in the fireplace. I walk up to him and cuddle him. He cuddles me back.

"Mmmm I love you." I mumble. "I love you too, darlin." He replies. "Cmon put the fire out I want to go somewhere." I say. He nods. I get off of him and he starts working putting the fire out.

We finally get into the car after the fire is put out and I start driving. "So...where we going?" He asks. I don't reply and just keep driving. "Cmon, soda. I hate surprises." Steve says. "Please. Let me surprise you just this once." I whine. He huffs. "Fine." I giggle, giving my toothy grin.

— "Sodapop?" I look at him. "Why are we at the DX?" The DX was no longer our work place. I went back into school and we both got college degrees for mechanics. But we graduated years ago. We got better jobs with more pay.

I giggle and drag him out of the car. We started exploring around the area, taking in all the nostalgia.

"Hey Steve?" —he looks at me— "I was thinkin about everything...and I know you ain't like Sandy...I just know." I get on one knee. He looks at me, his eyes going wide. "Will you marry me?" He nods frantically and kisses me. I kiss back.

— Our wedding day arrives and Darry was waiting for me so he can walk me down the aisle. "You look good sodapop. Mom and dad would be proud, you know." I nod in response to him.

We walked down the aisle as Steve stared at me in awe

We walked down the aisle as Steve stared at me in awe. The whole wedding went smoothly. Once I heard those words, "You may kiss the groom." Steve immediately kissed me and I kissed back.