Gone hungry

For once, it felt like I could sleep in and I felt like myself again, but I could hear a quiet voice speaking.

"Wake up, Mr. Alex"

"Wakey Wake Mr. Alex!"

"Wake up! Alex!"

Alex suddenly jolted awake which woke me up.

"You suck your thumb?"

Alex let out a scream which woke me and the others up, and I punched Alex in the nose as a defense mechanism.

"Oh my goodness, I'm sorry!" I said

But before Alex could say anything, Julien suddenly spoke.

"Don't be alarmed, giant freak! While you were asleep, we simply 'took' you, to our little corner of heaven"

"What the heck do you mean by that?" I asked

"Welcome to Madagascar!" announced Julien

"Mada-who-ah?!" said Marty

"No, not who-ah, ascar!" corrected Julien

We all looked to our left and saw something that was even more beautiful than the stars from last night. A beautiful valley with a lake at the end.

"Marty, it's just..."

"It's just like my mural back at the zoo!"

"I have no idea what you're referring to" I said

As Marty and Alex kept talking, I suddenly felt myself get dizzy and slightly lose control of my body. I suddenly found myself sniffing the air.

When I realized what was going on, Alex and Marty had started running towards the lake. I chose not to follow them due to my own situation.

"Oh no, not again"

"Is everything okay?" asked Gloria

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry, I'll be back"

I ran back out of sight of the others to try and keep control of myself but I soon found myself losing control, I was no longer myself.

"Whoo! I'm finally free! Screw what the Penguins said, I can do whatever the heck I want!"

As I ran back to join the others, I saw Alex had also 'let loose' and was full of energy.

"Hey! Wait for me!" I shouted

But before I could join him, Gloria suddenly grabbed me.

"Are you doing okay? You just left suddenly"

"I promise I'm fine"

I broke free of her hold and ran to join Alex.

"Hey Mady. Glad to see you're having fun!" said Alex

"Heck yeah I am! I never felt this free ever since..."

Before I could finish, Marty suddenly shoved fruit inside our mouths but we spat them out immediately.

"Whoo! I feel good, I feel like a king again!" said Alex

Julien looked offended but also confused

"King?!" shouted Julien

"Yeah! You should see his act. Come on Alex! Why don't you show them your act?" said Marty

"Yeah! That sounds like fun!" I said

Alex was hesitant at first but then quickly agreed to do so. We all gathered around the 'stage' as Marty started doing the announcement, but I tried to fight myself to regain control but it was pointless.

Alex started doing his performance that he'd normally do. And everything looked like it was going to plan.

"Do the roar man! Do the roar!" shouted Marty

Alex got down on all fours and let out a loud roar and that somehow made me snap back into reality.

"Ugh, what's going on? Wait, Alex?! Oh no, this isn't good"

I tried to get past the crowd but it was too late. I could hear Marty let out a scream of pain, everything went quiet. I could see that Alex had bit down on Marty but didn't finish.

"Excuse me? You're biting my butt!" said Marty.

"No I'm not" responded Alex.

"Yes you are!" added Marty.

I ran up to Alex and slapped him back into reality. I needed to get us away from them before it was too late.

"Ow! Mady? What happened?!" asked Alex

"You just bit me on the butt is what happened!" shouted Marty

"Look I'm sure he's sorry for what he did but we gotta have a private conversation and..." I was suddenly interrupted by Marty

"No! He's not going anywhere until he tells me why he just bit me on the butt!" demanded Marty

Alex was left speechless but then Julien and Maurice cut past the crowd and told them.

"It's because you are his dinner!" stated Maurice

The others were confused by the statement, I wanted to explain but then Julien started talking.

"Come on Maurice! What is a simple bite on the buttocks amongst friends? Here, give me a nibble"

"Your party is over Julien! Your brilliant plan has failed"

"What are you talking about?" asked Marty

Maurice briefly explained the basics of the situation, but I just needed to get us away from everyone as soon as possible.

"Mr. Alex cannot stay here! He belongs with his own kind on the foosa side of the island" said Maurice

I felt myself losing control again, I tried to warn them but I guess Alex beat me to it.

Alex let out another roar and everyone ran away, Alex started chasing after his friends

I suddenly lost control and I immediately started chasing after Julien and Maurice, hunger was the only thing I could think of.

Without realizing, they'd climbed up a tree and I tried to slow down but I ended up hitting the tree.

I blacked out for a second but then I snapped back into reality, I realized what I had just attempted.

I had to find Alex before he hurt anyone, but luckily he ran into me.

"Alex, are you...okay?"

"No! I'm not okay. I almost ate my best friend"

"It's gonna be okay, but we gotta get away from them. It's for our safety and theirs"

We ran in the opposite direction and into the vast jungle, not caring where we were heading, as long as it was away from the others.

I felt sadness and I could see it in Alex's face too, I never thought this would happen again.

The penguins were helping keep this part of me under control but it's been some days, it was bound to return.