b a c k g r o u n d (very important to the plot)

Claire Marie Leery is 14 years old. She is an introvert-extrovert. Anyone who sees the girl at school would call her quiet, would say her nose is always in a book. There isn't one time in their entire time of knowing her that she hasn't had a book with her.

      Teachers love her because she sits quietly and gets her word done. She isn't a straight A student but she is a student that flies under the radar because she had A's and B's and maybe one C in math every few marking periods.

Anyone who knows her would tell you she's the purest soul of anyone you've ever met, but they don't know why. She is always looking out for the people around her because the darkness that lives inside of her. She doesn't want anyone to feel alone the way she does almost every second of the day.

Claire has suffered from anxiety and depression since she was a child. What everyone thought was a disobedient child trying to get out of a day of school with a stomach bug, was actually a child experiencing anxiety attacks. She physically got sick on days she had school and no one could figure out the cause. It was written off for five years as her just trying to get out of school by faking being sick. It took her turning 8 and having her first panic attack for her to be diagnosed. Ever since she's had up and downs battling her depression and anxiety alone because she's embarrassed for anyone to know.

   Pacey Witter is 15 years old. He has known Claire his whole life because he's been bestfriend with her older brother Dawson since as long as he can remember. The darkness Claire tries so hard to hide, Pacey can see right through her act. He can see right through it because he experiences the same darkness she does. Living in a house house with high expectations on who you should be is draining. He uses jokes and sarcasm as a way to defect his pain and anger into being a class clown.

Pacey can see every time Claire forces a smile. He can see every time she's upset but doesn't want anyone to know so she picks up her book and pretends to read but he can see her eyes aren't even on the page but zoned out into another world that he is dying to know where she goes. He sees her, and she thinks deep down he will only see her as Dawsons little sister.

Until he started making comments, showing her he sees her. Showing her she's more to him then his best friends little sister. Little does she know, he fell for her long ago. It's only now he's making it obvious.

What happens when he falls for her and someone much older then her at the same time?

Who will he choose?

Read to find out.