chapter seven | check in

WHILE SPENDING MOST of her time in her hotel room, Taylor has been on a group Facetime call with her friends, excluding Y/n. She would be there if she wasn't working. They all talked about things they've done, people they met, or anything that came to mind.

Taylor talked about her best friend and her place of work. She also mentioned the small concert she held at the shop.

She was going to finish her story but she was cut off by Blake Lively clearing her throat. "Other than reuniting with Y/n, how's the tour so far?" She questioned curiously. Once the question was asked, her husband and famous actor, Ryan Reynolds, walked into the room. He sat next to her and joined the conversation.

She waved at her friend's husband before answering the question. "It's been great honestly. Seeing everything reminded me of my childhood on the road." Taylor replied with a grin. She saw that everyone nodded like she said the correct answer. "How's everything in England, Joe?"

"It's okay, nothing too important. I want to know everything about the tour since I left."

"Tell us about the fans' reaction to the Vigilante Shit choreography," Selena spoke up with a tone of interest. Suddenly, everyone on the call was showing interest in the topic.

She giggled at the sudden change of emotion before telling them what they wanted to hear. She discussed all the tweets, TikTok videos, Instagram posts, and even Tumblr posts. She mentioned all of it, and they all had comments to make about it.

She enjoyed chatting with her friends but once the call ended, she had to go rehearse for the thing she loved. The thing she luckily gets to call her career.

She would have loved to see Y/n today too, but they were just too busy today. If she was lucky, they'd get to see each other before Taylor had to do the first night of the tour of the city. At that moment, she remembered that she would be there for night three.

She wanted to make sure everything was perfect. Nothing could go wrong.

While Taylor was chatting with her friends, Y/n was helping a customer look for a book. So far, it was nowhere to be found on the shelves. There was a chance she hadn't put them out yet. Once the customer was sent back to the counter, she went to check the back.

She let the door shut before letting out an annoyed sigh.

A few minutes into searching, she heard the door open. She assumed it was the customer. "Only employees can be back here!" She yelled to who she thought was the man she was helping.

"Am I suddenly fired?" Elvis jokingly asked, now making himself known. He soon saw the look of relief on her face before going back to searching. "No Taylor time today?"

He's teased her about that since yesterday. It was starting to get annoying. "Finally!" She exclaimed happily once she found the book. She planned to ignore the question but she knew Elvis wouldn't let her. "No, not today or tomorrow. She's working and performing." She replied as she walked back to the counter, Elvis following behind her.

"Have you told her that you're in love with her yet?"

"Oh my god, I'm not in love with her." She was annoyed by that statement. She scanned the book, soon handing the customer the bag and accepting the money. "Have a nice day." She smiled, quickly dropping it once the guy left. After a few minutes, she announced that she was taking a super early break and made her way outside.

She had considered sending Taylor a text, just to check in. Her only concern was bothering Taylor. The last thing she wanted to do was distract her from her job.

She'll check in later, only if Taylor contacts her first. The reason for coming outside was to get some fresh air and clear her head, but that was the one thing she couldn't do. The only thing on her mind was how unreal this week felt to her. She felt that if she blinked, all of it would be gone in a second. Taylor would be gone.

She had to stop thinking about it.

She got home to an empty home that night. Hailee must still be working. She sat on the couch with her favorite bag of chips and a TV show on the TV screen. Her favorite thing to do other than sleeping.

Nothing beats sleep.

She was going to sleep too, but the knock on the door scared her into staying awake. That was until she saw that it was Taylor. "Isn't it dangerous to keep the door unlocked?" Taylor questioned once she closed the door. She sat next to her friend, quickly noticing how tired she was. "You should go get some sleep."

"I was going to till you showed up." She replied with a tired grin. Taylor was quick to offer to leave, but Y/n stopped her. She said she would check in if Taylor contacted her first. She took it one step further by showing up at her house.

"I haven't heard from you today." Taylor pointed out as she checked the time on her phone. She didn't want to be out too late, she did have to perform tomorrow night. "How was work?"

"Boring and annoying. How about you?"

"It was amazing as always," Taylor spoke happily. She talked about little things that'll be different without spoiling super important details, she wanted Y/n to be surprised when she saw the show. She planned to get her opinion once the show was over.

The longer Taylor talked, Y/n started to zone out. She either focused on her smile or stared at Taylor, noticing how beautiful she really was. For so long, she saw Taylor through the eyes of a friend, but now, she saw her through the eyes of the fans and her ex-boyfriend, Joe Alwyn.

Is this what Elvis meant by "falling in love with Taylor"? It couldn't be. Taylor is her best friend, that's all she'll ever be.

This had to be one of those moments where you think you have a crush on your friends but you don't. That's all it was, just a temporary crush on a friend that isn't real. She wasn't falling for Taylor.

She couldn't be.

————————
brooke speaks!

wow, two chapters
in a couple hours.
go me! if there's
any mistakes,
excuse them because
i'm tired 😭