chapter three | what did i do?

HOURS HAD PASSED and Andrea was still talking about a show she and Taylor were watching together. While Taylor was doing a small run-through of the show, Andrea made sure to keep Y/n company till Taylor was available. She also made sure Y/n knew she was welcome to the snacks and drinks that were in the room.

As Andrea talked about whatever she could think of, Y/n would pet the Scottish fold and ragdoll cats that lay on her lap. She recognized two of them, the third was new to her.

A lot had changed and no one told her about it...ouch

Andrea was starting to talk about the things Taylor and Y/n would do as kids but she was cut off by the opening door. Taylor has walked in. "I see my mother had taken you hostage." Taylor joked as she walked over, soon picking up her oldest cat, Meredith. She soon jumped out of Taylor's arms. She was named after Meredith Grey from Grey's Anatomy, one of Taylor's favorite shows.

That was a show the two watched together. She even helped Taylor name Meredith.

"I also see you've been acquainted with the new cat," Taylor smiled as she picked up the youngest, Benjamin. She soon revealed that she first saw him on the set of the music video for her song "ME!". "He was just so sweet, I'd be crazy to not take him home. So I adopted him." She happily looked at the cat in her arms as she recalled the memory with almost perfect detail.

"I love that you two are reconnecting, but don't you two have dinner plans?"

"You're right, we do. Let's go, Y/n."

Y/n said goodbye to Andrea and the cats before following Taylor. Between the two of them, Taylor was the one who was more excited about this little reunion. Y/n was sure that Taylor wasn't aware of what she did.

She would continue to stay clueless until Y/n said something to her.

At least she was here now, talking to her and wanting to be around her. Was it worth mentioning if she was there? Was it a matter of time till it happened again?

Maybe things would be different now.

The diner was emptier than the last time the two were there, that was a year ago. Taylor had dedicated her life to her work which made doing things together nearly impossible. Taylor had talked about her career and the re-recording process for her first six albums. She had recently announced that her fifth album was next to be re-recorded, 1989 (Taylor's Version).

She talked about the tour a bit, mentioning how great the crowds were and how she loved seeing their excitement. She missed singing to everyone and she was finally doing it again. She mentioned all the special guests that appeared and the surprise songs she performed.

She was truly happy.

"Tell me about everything I missed here." Taylor smiled, giving her friend all her attention. "Have there been any relationships that I didn't know about?"

It took everything in her to not say "You would know if you bothered to check in" but she didn't have the guts to do it. She wanted to forgive her and move on. This was the first step. "You haven't missed much really," She started, soon taking a sip of her favorite milkshake. After a few seconds of silence, Taylor signaled for her to continue. She wanted to know everything. "They put in a new antique shop down the block from the bookstore. I haven't had the chance to check it out though."

Taylor kept a mental note of that for later. She wanted to spend as much time with Y/n as possible before she had to perform and move on to the next city.

As Y/n continued to talk, Taylor had been reminded of something she wanted to talk about. Now was the chance to do it, or that's what she thought anyway.

"Can I talk to you about something?" Y/n started feeling anxious when she heard those words. She hated hearing all those words in the same sentence, let alone in that order. She mentally told herself to calm down and signaled for her to continue. "There was a period up to when I went to visit you at the shop where you've been distant. Did something happen?"

Y/n's mood quickly shifted to anger. She wondered yet hoped she was kidding. Did she go all this time not knowing what she was doing?

"You're joking right?" She asked with an angry tone and laugh coming out. She couldn't believe what she was hearing, she never thought Taylor was this blind to her actions. "Do you not know what you did?"

"What did I do, Y/n?"

"You practically abandoned me!" She yelled, her anger turned to pain and sadness. She was ready to forgive and forget but this hurt her. Was she not that important to Taylor anymore to realize something like this? She had to get out of there and away from her, good thing her car was parked at the stadium that was just a ten-minute walk away. "I can't do this right now, I have to go." She spoke in a hurry to get away from her and the situation.

Taylor wanted to stop her and talk about it, but she knew it was best to let her calm down. Y/n secretly wanted Taylor to stop her but it didn't happen, it wasn't going to.

She thought Taylor didn't care about her anymore.

Taylor made it back to her hotel room around 12 that night, devastated by recent events. She felt that she had probably lost the one true friend that had stuck by her all these years. Y/n had never been this mad at her before, she didn't know what to do to make it better. That's all that mattered to her right now.

She wanted to fix her mistake and get her best friend back.

A deep sigh escaped as she sat on her bed. She was visibly upset and disappointed in herself. She hated seeing Y/n this way, but she hated that she was the cause of it even more.

Andrea came out of the small bathroom to see her sad daughter sitting on the bed. She had an idea of what happened, and now she had to help her daughter fix it. "What happened, honey?" She asked, soon sitting next to Taylor and wrapping her arms around her for a comforting hug.

"She's mad at me." She said simply, letting a single tear fall. "She said that I abandoned her."

It was exactly what Andrea thought had happened. Taylor didn't take it very well, that much was obvious. Now, all she had to do was help Taylor see her error and help her come up with a solution. "I hate to tell you this, but you kind of did." Taylor gave her a confused look, she wasn't sure how she could do that to her best friend. "Open your texts with Y/n," Andrea instructed.

Taylor did as she was told and then handed her mother the phone when she asked for it. She scrolled through the messages, showing Taylor that she went from texting back all the time to dry responses and eventually not replying at all. "Around this time you were super busy, which is fine, but then you were hanging out with Selena, your other celebrity friends, and Joe," Andrea explained as she gave Taylor her phone back.

Now, it all made sense. She hurt her friend without realizing it. She had to make it up to her, but she didn't know how. She wasn't even sure if Y/n would forgive her after today. "How do I fix this?" Taylor asked, wiping the tears from her eyes.

"There's only one thing you can do. Well, two things." Andrea spoke, slightly chuckling at her mistake. "Apologise, and show her that you'll be there for her from now on."

Taylor nodded at the advice before hugging her mother. She'll go see Y/n at work tomorrow and do exactly what she was told to do.

She was going to save her friendship.

————————
brooke speaks!

i'm so excited to share the
rest of the story with you
all one chapter at a time!
if i missed any mistakes
that i didn't see, i will
cry :)