Chapter 4: Galar Route 6

Author's Note: You can see that Sobble plays a crucial role in this chapter. This is because he has not received any chances to write in the previous six parts. Also, this chapter marks Brock's debut in the physical version, and that's why any mention of him coming on the Terraribus, including two full entries (Ash, 3:02 PM/Brock, 3:13 PM), is omitted.

Word count: 1012 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02/17/2034 2:27 PM, Sobble's Perspective

Mom finished making the mop. I didn't know it would take that long. Raboot is busy apologizing, and the final cleaning stage is underway. Grookey's already in the engine room, waiting to turn the engine on. I think he's too young for that, but Rillaboom insisted on him going, since he was the only one that was available for the job.

Mom is hoping we can get the kitchen spotless by 2:30. I better not tell her it's already, like, 2:29:59. We're already half an hour late for Misty.

02/17/2034 2:41 PM, Misty's Perspective

The Terraribus is finally here. It looks huge on the inside, but the size of a normal bus from the outside. I can see my favorite (and the only one I know) Galar Pokémon watching some Prinplup. Starmie'll be happy to go there!

Now to learn everyone's name. I have to share a room with Chloe, who owns an Eevee and a "Yam-purr." Goh, who I've only seen once, owns half the Pokémon in this bus, including a gray bunny with long ears that just brought a slice of pie to my room. Goh tells me to look under my pillow.

It's a Rotom Phone RX18! I quickly scan the rabbit before it leaves. It's called "Ra-boot," which evolves from "Score-bun-knee," and into "Cind-erase." I have a lot to learn about Galar, including my new starter: "Groo-key," who keeps banging me on the head, even though it's still in an egg.

02/17/2034 3:35 PM, Sobble's Perspective

Mom just dropped the new mop on my head. Drizzile is tending to me now, but Brock is busy getting his new starter, so I couldn't get any official treatment yet. Drizzile is trying to make me sleep, so I guess I'll just close my eyes and pretend.

It worked. Drizzile is now playing on his phone, an RX16M, so I have nothing to worry about. I guess I'll just watch him play Pokémon Gleaming Sword: Mobile. We should be almost to Route 6 by now, at which we will stop and do our first research analytic. Today's snack is watermelon crackers, which are 25 Pokécoins each, and orange marmalade on toast, which is 35 Pokécoins. I ordered one of each.

02/17/2034 4:09 PM, Inteleon's Perspective

My daughter is hurt. Brock says he'll be right down to the medical department. He apparently just grabbed the Scorbunny egg from Goh, put it in his portable incubator, and is on his way right now.

I hope he'd be a little bit faster, because I really want to save Sobble at this point. She's feeling a lot better, but everyone else is still concerned. She already forgave me for knocking that mop onto her head, but she fainted again when I told her that the unpicked starter was one of her kind.

Brock's coming now. I'm nervous, and I don't want to hear what he says. At all.

02/17/2034 4:17 PM, Brock's Perspective

I'm Brock. I'm a doctor. And I'm in the Terraribus' medical department at the moment, tending to a Sobble who has been injured from a falling mop. I've treated lots of strange patients in the past, so it should be quite easy to make diagnosis.

The X-ray scan doesn't show any abnormalities, so I inform her family that they just need to wait for Sobble to heal. In the meantime, I'll give my new Finizen to Sobble, and see if that cheers her up.

One thing: according to the trip rules, since I caught that Finizen, I'm responsible for writing in its entry. So I guess it's time to get to work.

02/17/2034 4:36 PM, Misty's Grookey's Perspective

Where am I? Why am I here? What am I doing here? Oh, I just hatched from an egg. Where do I go now? My mind is telling me that my owner, Misty, is on the other side of the room. I can see her there. She has orange hair and is talking to someone on a phone.

Time to do the thing I do best. Banging! Wait. I don't have a stick yet. Here comes one of my evolutions, Thwackey, with one now.

Misty's alerted by Thwackey, and has picked me up. Then she whispers something to Thwackey. I can't understand it. Thwackey puts the stick next to my new, tiny, green bed. Ahhh...

02/17/2034 5:01 PM, Brock's Perspective

Everyone's in line ordering dinner. I'd better get my wallet from my bag. Wait a second, there's something fluffy in here. Feels a bit like a bunny.

"Scor?" it says. I think I know exactly who this is. It's my new Galarian starter! It's so furry, and its ears are so long! Who cares that it's tiny? I order a dinner for two, a large Lightning Pokémon Beef Meal, and a tiny packet of Burnt Bunny Delights, then dash off back to my room. Hope this is enough.

It is. Ash says Pikachu will like it, and that Raboot is already in the kitchen, waiting for more orders. In the meantime, I should probably get that Scorbunny of mine prepared for the journey.

02/17/2034 5:18 PM, Professor Oak's Perspective

We are now at Galar Route 6. We are going to set up a five-week research analytic here. That's good news: I'm getting tired of driving. We actually arrived here two hours earlier than expected. Good for me!

Brock and Ash are carrying a tent outside for whoever needs it. The snow stopped, and since this is Route 6, it's mostly already melted. Misty and Chloe are discussing that Eevee of hers, and our  Scorbunny is playing with another Scorbunny that I don't know. I think it's Brocks.

We will be here until March 24, so we can see the first Gossifleur arrive. Now let's take a break from driving and relax by the road!