Date

"Would you two knock it off!?" Wayne growls. "I swear neither of you have grown up one bit. Eddie, hold the damn light in place if you want this fixed."

You stick your tongue out at Eddie as he stills.

"And put that tongue away young lady." Wayne says without looking up.

Eddie smirks at you.

"In your damn twenties and still acting like children." Wayne mumbles to himself.

////////////////////////////

"Cut it out!" You scream at thirteen year old Eddie as he pushes your arm, moving the flashlight from where Wayne needs to see.
"Eddie." Wayne says with a warning tone, head still under the hood of his truck.

"Why do you even want to learn this stuff? You're a girl." Eddie says.
"So what?" You ask him.
"Knock it off Eddie." Wayne says, knowing he's trying to push your buttons.

You stick your tongue out at him and he flips you off before nudging your arm again.

"Damn it Ed!" You exclaim and drop the flashlight.
You wrestle him to the ground and pin him.
"Don't!" He yells when you start getting a loogie ready.
"Knock it off you two!" Wayne yells.

////////////////////////////

"Sorry." You and Eddie both say through small laughs.
"Ok, give it a try." Wayne says and you climb in the drivers seat.

"Hey!" You say excitedly when it starts.
"Thank you." Eddie tells Wayne as he heads inside muttering to himself.

"Wanna go to dinner?" Eddie asks you.
You look down at yourself, all the grime you need to wash away, as you hop out of the seat.
"I'll pick you up in about an hour." He says with a smile and gives you a kiss.
"Ok."

"Hey, you ready!?" Eddie asks as he comes down the hall after letting himself in.
"Not yet!" You yell from your room.

"How long do you need?" He asks from the other side of the door.
"Just a minute." You say as you pull on a t-shirt then grab your socks and shoes.
"Can I come in?"
"Door's open."
Eddie comes in and you immediately stop putting your shoe on.

He's wearing a pair of well fitted dark blue jeans. A black button up, the top few buttons undone, showing off his stark skin beneath. Black boots on his feet in place of his usual white Reeboks. His hair is slightly damp, perfect curls framing his face. Dimples on display as he smiles at you.

"Damn Ed, you clean up good. I thought we were just going to dinner."
"We are." He answers with a smile as you look him up and down.
"I don't think I've ever seen you get dressed up. Is this like, a date?"
"I mean, yeah. We are dating now, I am your boyfriend."
"Get out."
"What?" He chuckles the word.
"Get out, I have to change."
"No, you look great. Let's just go." He says with a small laugh at how serious you are.
"Nope, go." You say and push him out of your room.

You pull everything off and put on your black slip dress then sheer lace cami dress over it. When you can't find your black heels, you pull on your tall lace up black boots that have a heel.

"Don't look!" You yell to Eddie and hurry to the bathroom.

"Come on, I'm sure you look fine." Eddie says from the hall as you do a little more makeup.
"I'm almost done. Next time warn me it's a date."
"Right, my bad." He replies with a light laugh.

After pulling your hair out of its ponytail, you quickly rewet it and shake your fingers through it, giving more body to the waves.

"Where are we going?" You ask as you open the bathroom door.
"Damn. You look gorgeous." Eddie says as he looks you up and down, just as you had done with him.