"But what if he comes back and they're dating or something." The concern on Jaehyun's face grew worse.

Riwoo took a deep breath before answering him. "Jaehyun, I understand you're nervous but unless you have enough confidence to confess your feelings to Woonhak, there's nothing you can do."

"There's- nothing I can do..." Jaehyun sat back and digested every word. There is truly nothing he can do.

-----

The bell had just rang and Jaehyun walked straight over to Woonhak and his meeting spot. But reality sunk in once again the second he realized there was no sight of his best friend. He had already left.

Jaehyun looked visibly miserable as he passed their meeting spot and walked to the bus stop. As he walked through the door of Woonhak's house, a place where he never really goes without Woonhak, he felt devastated, and hurt but does he have the right to be?

He was immediately greeted at the door by Woonhak's mom. "Oh Jaehyun sweetheart, you know Woonhak's not home, right?" Mrs Kim asked, confused.

"I know but I was hoping I could still just stay here." Jaehyun nodded with an melancholy face

"Oh, of course, you know I would never turn you away. Come sit, I can make you a snack." Mrs Kim said in the most warm and inviting tone as she offered him a seat at the island.

"Thank you." Jaehyun sighed with a small polite bow.

"You know, I'm a little surprised that Woonhak's on an actual date right now." Mrs Kim sighed as well as she reached into the fridge. "But I'm not too surprised by your sad expression." She smiled and she turned to look at the young boy.

"What?" Jaehyun scrunched his brow thinking he must have misheard her.

"Jaehyun, I can tell that you love my son very much, well pretty much anyone can tell. But my son on the other hand is as dumb as a rock when it comes to feelings." Mrs Kim giggled which left Jaehyun speechless. "But I do know one day he's going to realize his true feelings and when he does he'll quickly learn that you're the best thing that's ever happened to him."

"Mrs Kim," Jaehyun said in a shaky voice.

"Yes, dear?" She answered.

"Your son is the best thing that has ever happened to me." The young boy said as a small tear rolled down his face and he smiled.

"I know..." Mrs Kim smiled back while gently wiping his tear away.

-----

After Jaehyun had his nice chat with Mrs Kim and a small snack, he tried to relax but he just couldn't. Everything in him was telling him he should go and crash their date. I mean for christ sake, he just got Woonhak's mother's blessing. What more motivation could he possibly need?

Jaehyun quickly pulled out his phone to see Woonhak's snap map. He saw that they were in the nearby mall and he immediately put on a sweater and ran out, without hesitation. Jaehyun has truly had enough, he's been in love with his best friend for years now and he's done hiding it. Jaehyun was absolutely ready to confess to him, to Woonhak.

After a few stops on the bus, he made it to the mall. Luckily the mall wasn't too big, they should be easy to find. Jaehyun walked up a few flights of stairs in the open mall and just as he got to the third floor he saw them. They were standing just outside of a cafe and they were pretty close.

Jaehyun was so happy he found them so quickly but that happiness just as quickly faded once he saw Eunchae grab Woonhak's hand. Jaehyun got a little closer but made sure he couldn't be seen. He could just barely hear them but he could see them perfectly.

"Thank you so much Woonhak for today and thank you for the gift too." Eunchae smiled as she lifted up the little bag in her hand.

"No problem, I had fun today." Woonhak smiled back, it looked so sincere, it looked so warm, it looked like everything Jaehyun feared.

Eunchae smirked to herself before stepping in front of Woonhak. "I had fun too, but I was wondering if I could give you a gift in return." She asked as she slowly looked up into Woonhak's eyes.

"A gift?" Woonhak asked cluelessly.

"A gift," Eunchae whispered before leaning in for a kiss.

"Huh!" Jaehyun gasped as he looked away and fully hid behind the pillar he was standing by. A rush of anger, sadness, disappointment, and disbelief hit the young boy all at once like a pile of bricks. He was crushed.

It was almost like Jaehyun blacked out. It looked like there wasn't a thought behind his eyes as he slowly walked away. He somehow managed to make it all the way back to Woonhak's house, where he tried to fall asleep as quickly as possible. He wouldn't be able to look at Woonhak and he definitely wouldn't be able to talk to him, not right now.

---✿---