Chapter 51 - A Message from the Grave

Start from the beginning

He unfolded it carefully, his eyes scanning the elegant script that adorned the page

'Dear Kol,' the letter began.

'If you are reading this, my plan worked.

The Hollow is gone, no one stopped me and I am dead. 

But I died knowing that our family would be safe.

I love you Kol. 

Your mischief and all.

Sometimes that is all is needed to find clarity in a moment of chaos. 

Keep that carefree part of you close as it will always be something worth having.

I need you to make me one last promise in my death.

Look after Kelsey for me. Let her mourn for a time but don't let her get lost in it. She is strong and she will need you to be her pillar of support.

I am entrusting her into your care, Kol. And when she's ready, help her find her way back to the light.

I know you love her, and I trust you to keep her safe.

Within this envelope is a pendant that I had spent months and months working on.

I have watched you with my children and the look in your eyes when they do magic. 

You miss it. 

You miss the feeling of the earth shifting and the energy of the elements flowing through your body.

Pour your blood onto the stone of the pendant and it will crack, releasing the spell within it. 

It will give you back the magic that you lost.

I hope it will bring you some solace in my absence.

Forever and always,

Your favourite sister-in-law, Phoebe.'

Kol felt a lump form in his throat as he flips the letter and reads the words on the back.

'P.S. I know you think that you think that our family doesn't care if you lived or died but you are so wrong.

They love you, Kol.

They need you.

Don't you ever forget that.'

Kol's hand trembled as he wiped away a stray tear that had escaped from his eye. 

Phoebe's death had left a hole in his heart, but her final words had given him a small measure of comfort.

Phoebe's death had left a  hole in his heart, but her final words had given him a small measure of comfort