六十 | What do you mean by our child?

Start from the beginning

He sighed as he reached out for her hands before gently holding them in his. "Kuina, I really meant every word I have told you just now," he spoke as he tenderly caressed his thumbs across the back of her palms, almost in an attempt to sooth her. "Since you wanted me to be straightforward, then I will be honest with you about my feelings . . . but Kuina, since you wanted me to be straightforward, I will also have to tell you. . ."

She looked down at his hands on hers, and she stood completely still, not saying anything nor moving away. But he could tell she knew where he was getting at as her expression visibly shifted at his words.

He took a deep breath as he forced himself to continue on, "Even though such is my heart, I am still bound by duty and, at the end of the day, I will leave you," he spoke softly, trying his best to not be harsh with his words.

She instantly shot her gaze up at him, and he gulped as he quickly continued before she could speak a word, "But I know what you want the most, so on this trip, while we are out here together, I will give you everything you what, alright? Every experience that you so desire, every single love that you deserve; I will not restrain myself back anymore," he told her before he gave her hands a tight squeeze. "But once we return to the hideout, I will have to think about the future, I will have to think about my duty, do you understand?"

She had gone stiff, and he closed his eyes in acceptance, expecting her to start crying and throwing a tantrum at him.

But instead, she simply let out a soft sigh. "I understand," she told him quietly.

He observed her calm reception for any hidden emotions, but she really seemed accepting of it. He nodded slowly, somewhat proud of her. "You've grown up–"

"I understand, but only if you will agree to be all mine during this trip," she cut him off before she let out a feisty grumble. And before he could say anything to her words, she abruptly flung her arms around his neck before burying her face into his shoulder, probably to hide her own embarrassment at her own words. "S-Since I have to share you with the world and your little brother when we return to the hideout, then on this trip, you have to be all mine and mine only, okay?"

Nevermind.

He sat still, keeping his face completely stoic, letting her hug onto him. "So possessive," he muttered out.

She let out a touchy grouse. "You're all mine."

His brows raised as he was about to dismiss her but when she softly nudged her head against his neck as she clenched her arms tighter around him, he let out a defeated sigh. For some reason, every time she acted endearingly aggressive, he seemed to be unable to resist her. "Alright, alright, I'm all yours. No need to be so feisty." He gave in.

She huffed moodily. "Then on this trip, don't ever bring up sad things ever again, I don't want to hear it."

"Okay, I won't."

With that, she clung onto him as if she were never going to let go. He sighed again, accepting what he had gotten himself into before he brought his hand to her back as he was about to return her embrace for once.

But before he could, the door was suddenly pulled open, and Kuina instantly flinched as she practically pushed herself away from their embrace. Her face flushed red as she glanced over at the grandma who stood by the door.

The grandma waved the air and giggled as if she were a teenager. "Young love these days," she triumphed.

Kuina took a seat back on the bed, as she gave the grandma a weak and courteous smile.

Itachi simply leaned back on his chair with a sigh. "Is something the matter, ma'am?" he questioned.

The grandma nodded as she scooted over to Itachi with a rolled up letter in her palms. She handed it to him. "A messenger crow just came by and dropped off this letter. It seemed to be addressed to you, young sir."