⦃26⦄

Wooyoung was there in 20 minutes. He sat across from Yeosang, looking down to his lap as Yeosang just stared at him with arms crossed over his chest.

"Wooyoung, I won't be waiting forever. Will you tell me what the hell actually happened?" Yeosang finally spoke up after minutes spent in silence.

Wooyoung didn't look up for a few moments, sighing as he looked at Yeosang as he fiddled with his fingers. Yeosang didn't like the way things are between him and his best friend now, but he needed answers.

"Okay, I don't even know what to tell you." Wooyoung spoke up.

"You remember how you woke up in the hospital and how we started things over, and I didn't say anything because I didn't want to hurt you when you were already in pain from the accident. All I wanted was for you to be happy again, and that's it. I acted like nothing happened because I hated to see you cry." Wooyoung continued.

Yeosang listened to him and just stared, feeling something inside of him shake. He knew Wooyoung wouldn't hurt him without a reason.

"Woo, you should at least have told me. I know you didn't want to hurt me, but I hate the fact you didn't tell me anything for so long and acted like nothing was happening."

He tried staying calm, but he was slowly going insane. It's just too much and everyone is hiding something. Wooyoung was really sorry, and he showed that just by looking at Yeosang. He is clearly a good friend.

"I know baby, I know. I really am sorry for keeping quiet about it, but you know how San and I just want the best for you and Jongho."

Wait, San knew about it- San? San knew?

"San?" Yeosang asked in confusion.

Wooyoung didn't answer, instead just looked down to his lap. Yeosang was even more confused. 

"Wooyoung, what are you hiding from me?" Yeosang asked as he felt himself getting pissed now. 

Wooyoung bit the inside of his cheek and just kept looking to his lap. Yeosang felt his heart sinking in deeper and his eyes hurting again as they got flooded with tears once again. 

He let out a shaky breath. He shook his head and got up as tears just started falling down his cheeks.  Wooyoung looked at him and felt his heart breaking as Yeosang got up. 

"Yeosang, please-"

"No, please Woo. Just go now. I need to be alone for now." 

And with that, Yeosang rushed to his room and left Wooyoung sitting there in agony. The male sighed. 

He hated seeing his best friend like that, and Wooyoung hated seeing him cry even more. 

► ► ► ► ►

Jongho sighed again as he walked in the hospital room. 

He couldn't believe what just happened. Literally not even 24 hours ago he was talking to Yeosang, and now he is in coma because of a car hitting him. 

Jongho was hurting so much. He lost his love, and now he is fighting for his life. Jongho knows how he was hurt, and Yeosang is strong to recover from this.

But he couldn't erase the pain. Jongho was still hurting as he just couldn't let Yeosang go due to his parents, but he knew that Yeosang is better without him. 

The driver wasn't looking when he hit Yeosang, and the doctor said how he might not make it. But Jongho is sure he will. Yeosang is strong.  

Jongho wanted to die with him. His life without Yeosang doesn't make sense. Jongho is sure he is going to make it alive, but the doctor said how the consequence might be him losing memory. 

Jongho doesn't know what is even worse. He knows that Yeosang won't remember him, but he will at least be alive. 

He just stared at Yeosang's peaceful body as he laid there on the bed covered in bruises and he had a mask that helped him breath on his face as his eyes kept closed. 

Jongho gulped as his heart broke even more. This hurts too much, and Jongho isn't ready for this. He sobbed as he felt tears starting to roll down his cheeks.

Jongho took a few steps closer in the silent hospital room, taking Yeosang's hand into his own and rubbing it as he held Yeosang's cold hand and intertwined their fingers. Jongho cried so hard as the sound of sobs filled the room. 

"I-I'm so sorry, my love.. I'm so sorry.." Jongho whispered as he cried. 

Yeosang didn't react as he was in the coma, leaving Jongho to cry even harder if that was even possible. It was late at night and Jongho begged them to let him see Yeosang for one last time. 

He missed him. If Jongho could turn back time, he would never call Yeosang and never let him go. Jongho blamed himself because of what happened to Yeosang, because if he didn't call him, he wouldn't have stopped in the middle of the road. 

Jongho cried and cried, holding Yeosang's hand tightly as he just couldn't calm down. Jongho slowly leaned in and pressed his face into Yeosang's chest, wetting the hospital gown and just not caring. 

He was in too much pain to care about anything. All he wanted was to get Yeosang back and hug him again. Jongho wanted to unalive himself. 

Jongho gripped the front of the hospital gown as he sobbed and just cried and cried, holding Yeosang's hand and not being able to calm down. He didn't want to let him go ever again. 

"I'm so so sorry baby. I- I promise I'll come back for you.. Please forgive me.." Jongho mumbled. 

Yeosang just kept still, not moving a single inch and making Jongho hug him tightly. He missed him so much, and he wanted to make things right. 

But Jongho knew that it's for the best if he lets him go. Yeosang won't remember anything and he won't remember any of the pain that he went through.  Jongho knew that he would be better if he doesn't remember, but he is just heartbroken and upset all at once as he just wanted to turn back time and never let him go.  

Jongho couldn't let go of Yeosang, but he knew he needed to. Yeosang won't be in pain as he won't remember it. 

It's for the best after all.