The City Streets Have Their Price

Mulai dari awal

"What are you doing outside the castle when both of our mothers told us not to? Strictly." Helena asked not even wanting to look at Aegon.

Aegon calmed himself and was quick to answer as he pushed Jace away when he stood too close to him. "I could ask you the same question, dear sister. I do not remember you as rather rebellious. Or are you letting a bad influence get to you?" Aegon said first looking at Helaena but then at Thereya as he said the last part rudely.

He's an absolute idiot. Thereya thought to herself as she looked at Aegon from head to toe.

"I am sure we are out for very different reasons. But we are all out. Which makes us all rule-breakers." Aemond added and Jace was quick to nod in agreement.

"Yes. Maybe. So we better get going." Aegon said as he turned around and was ready to leave with his nephews and brother.

"Come on. Let us get back inside the Red Keep." Helaena said while taking Thereya's hand ready to get back. But a smile appeared on Thereya's face as she saw them going in the direction of the city.

"Take us with you," Thereya said loudly so Aegon could hear her as he walked away. He stopped in his tracks and turned around laughing.

"What are you saying? We should not." Helaena said into Thereya's ear worriedly while Thereya looked at Aegon.

"Why do you think I would ever in a million years do such a thing?" Aegon said with a grin on his face.

"Because if you do not then I will tell Queen Mother. That you took us out. And I think your half-sister would not enjoy hearing that you made her sons break her rules as well." Thereya said nonchalantly while walking closer.

A grin Aegon had on his face moments ago disappeared quickly and turned into annoyance. He was silent for a few moments and he looked away from Thereya. "Fine." He said sharply and annoyed before turning around and walking towards the city with Jace and Aemond and Luke quickly following behind.

"Come on. It will be fun. Besides. You never come out of that room." Thereya said following after Aegon while motioning with her hand for Helaena to come.

"There is a reason I never come out of that room..." Helaena said quietly to herself before she came along with them.

The sun hid behind the mountains fully and the moon shined on the night sky with the stars. The city was full of people. The streets were rich with food and fruits, and people who told prophecies, people who did voodoo and magic, and whores in front of the brothels.

Aegon's grin was back on his face. Luke and Jace, we're quick to run off to watch the sword plays.

"Would you like to walk with me? Lady Helaena?" Aemond offered his hand to Helaena and she accepted it with a soft smile on her face followed by a nod as they disappeared into the crowd.

Aegon watched them with disgust on his face. "Why are you looking at them like that?" Thereya said as she looked at Aegon with a disgusted look on her face as well.

"Because they disgust me. Both of them." Aegon scoffed not bothering to look at Thereya as he moved quickly through the crowd she did not want to let this go so she was quick to follow behind him. "You are the elder and they are your siblings! How can you say such things? What does not disgust you?" Aegon put a smirk on his face as he sped up. "Wine and sex." He replied.

"You are the King's firstborn son. How can you behave this way? Do you not feel shame at all?" Thereya replied in frustration.

At the mention of his father, Aegon stopped in his tracks and turned around in a swift motion making Thereya bump into his chest. She regained her footing quickly and stepped away with the same irritated facial expression. "Do not mention my father to me ever again or I will have you strangled in your sleep. You just got here and I already had enough of you." Aegon said getting into her face and towering over her. His breath already smelled of wine.