Chapter Three: Thou Shalt Not Give Me a Curfew

Annie woke up with a dull throbbing in her head. "Now I know why I never drank before," she mumbled.

She walks into the bathroom and grabs the bottle of Advil. She swallows them, and suddenly remembers what happened last night. "I have to apologize," she says out loud to herself. The apartment is kind of small, maybe Finnick will hear her.

She walks out of the bathroom and passes by Finnick's room. His door is open, so she pops her head in. "Hey, Finnick. Listen. I'm really sorry about last night." It's not until she finishes that sentence that she realizes he's not in his room. Weird, she thinks. He's probably in the kitchen.

She walks further down the hall into the front of the apartment, but he's not there either. She looks on the kitchen counter and his keys are gone. She looks around to see if maybe he wrote a note on a piece of paper, but there's nothing. "Maybe he texted me," she said, going back to her room.

Annie checks her phone, but all she finds is seven messages from Madge, three from Johanna, two from Peeta, a missed call from her mom, and a few other notifications. Nothing from Finnick. She decides to call her mom first so she doesn't worry. Her mom picks up on the first ring, and she's so loud that Annie has to turn the volume down. "Hey, Sweet Pea. I saw your text. You found someone to live with?"

"Yeah, it's only a few blocks away from everyone else."

"And she's a friend of Johanna's?"

Annie's about to correct her, but then she stops herself. Her mom would probably freak out if she knew she was living in the same apartment as a boy, even though Finnick demonstrated last night that he's a perfect gentleman. She wasn't in the mood for her mom to rag on her. She would tell her eventually. "Yeah, she goes to Northeastern."

"That's great, honey. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, Mom. I have to go. I'm going grocery shopping."

"With your roommate? What's her name?"

Annie's heart stops for a second. "F-Fiona," she says suddenly.

"Is she Spanish? She sounds Spanish."

"No, Mom. She's not Spanish," Annie says flatly. "It was nice talking to you, but... Fiona and I have to go shopping."

"Have fun, Sweetie! I miss you."

"I miss you too."

Annie breathes out and hangs up. She loves her mother, but she moved out for a reason. She can be downright exhausting sometimes. Annie checks her messages. They're all her friends wondering if she got home safe. Normally she'd text back, but she decides to call Madge to make it easier. She answers right away. "Oh, thank God. You're alive."

"Of course I'm alive."

"How are you feeling?"

"Alright. My head hurts."

"That's normal. Just take some Advil."

"Hey, is Jo with you?"

"Yeah, I think we're going to go grocery shopping and then grab lunch."

"Um... is Finnick with her?"

"No. Jesus, you lost your roommate already?"

"I have to text him. He probably went out."

"So," she said, her voice getting suggestive. "What happened last night?"

"Oh shush, Madge. He brought me home, I puked, and he played with my hair until I fell asleep. It was mortifying."