"You look quite handsome yourself." I picked a flower petal off of his shoulder and smiled up at him.

I don't quite remember what we talked about as we strolled through the garden, although I do remember a conversation about the latest book I made him read.

He often was able to read my small anxieties right off my face as if it were written on my cheeks but he didn't mention any of it.

Soon came the ceremony.

The hall was large and marble filled, with floors wiped so obsessively that I could see my reflection and a chandelier hanging off the centre of the ceiling.

Shouto's family went down the aisle with my bridesmaids and his groomsmen. I stood behind the doors of the hall, awkwardly fidgeting with the engagement ring around my finger as I tried not to ruin the nail job I had gotten.

Three little girls excitedly awaited the door's opening, holding their petal-filled baskets. They were each from the kindergarten I helped out at.

As for me, there was no father to walk me down, no brother or older cousin.

I had said I was fine with walking down the aisle on my own, but I was terrified. Not of judgement, but solely of loneliness, knowing that someone was meant to be at my arm.

When I took a deep breath, I took in the scent of a faint but familiar cologne and I turned.

Aizawa tugged at his tie a bit before clearing his throat and standing next to me, placing his thumbs in his suit's pockets. He noticed me staring and sighed. "Well, aren't you supposed to take my arm or something?"

I nodded silently and looped my arm with his, still partially confused.

"...Shouto said you didn't have anyone to walk you so- I don't know... I thought I was a close enough person to a father. Unless you really want to walk down on your own."

I shook my head and smiled at the floor. "Thank you."

"Not a problem."

"Also, thank you for shaving."

"You're never getting this again."

Soon enough, I heard chairs shift as people stood, and the large spruce doors opened. I heard Yaoyorozu play the soft piano as I walked down the aisle with scattered petals thrown by the flower girls.

All eyes were on me, and for once, I didn't turn away from them.

I smiled at the teachers of UA, who had mentored and taken care of me since I was small. At fellow classmates that had stuck with me through thick and thin. At the father and son that took me in when I was lost. At the family that I was about to become a part of.

When I got to the altar, Aizawa took my hand and kissed its back, whispering, "I'm proud of you, you know that?"

I nodded slowly. "Thank you."

No matter what was said during the ceremony didn't matter to me nor Shouto. We stared at each other the entire time, laughing when everyone else laughed and smiling when it felt right, but to us, it was just about each other.

And the food.

But mainly each other.

It was during the vows that I looked away from him and stared at the printed words on a paper riddled with folds.

"I don't get attached to people. At least, that's what I thought before. I always thought it was a waste of time, like a chain you constantly have to drag around from the ankle. But it's more than that.