Part 10: Pain

Time skip to the next day.

It was the day when Aria had to do over time at her school because of the drama classes. She didn't want to go but Sofie was the one forcing her to do so. While her mother constantly blamed her for not letting her leave for college and accuse Sofie for Aria's upcoming downfall. Aria tried to stand up for Sofie but she turned her down, instead forced her to attend college.

Sofie's POV:

"Are you ready?" I asked looking at the sad expression Aria had plastered on her face.
"Yes but please stop me I really don't wanna go!!" She whined like a kid.

I let out a small chuckle and proceeded to hug her, "Yes I know, but you shouldn't miss your drama classes. And so, just for today, just go and have some fun without me. It's okay sometimes. I won't always be there with you, you'll have to deal with these hmm?" I caressed her hair.
"This is not okay, you're not supposed to say this!" She exclaimed, still not ready to leave. "Hmm I know but-" I tried to complete the sentence, but someone interrupted.

"Sofie, stop manipulating her for staying, she is absolutely not your own sister and you too need to understand that she has her own life. I know you aren't that well, and so you can stay but not her. Let Aria go, and stop being childish." Mom spoke eyeing our hug with a disgusted face. "But aunty-" Aria tried to speak while I cut her in.

"Yes mom I know and I'm not stopping her. Please understand. She was just bidding me goodbye, right Ari?" She nodded sadly, at my sudden question. "Okay aunty bye!" She bid us goodbye, without giving us a chance to speak. "But I cooked breakfast for her." Mom said with a sad expression. I back hugged her and said, "No worries, I'll have them, don't be sad." I said with a reassuring tone. "Okay then c'mon!" She said all cheered up.

She went towards the kitchen and I went to check my phone and put it in charge. I saw 2 notifications of Aria, some hundred notifications from our friend groups and lastly some 10-15 texts and calls from Alex. "As expected." I murmured and decided to go towards the dining room after putting my phone to charge.

I had the breakfast with my parents, my mom slicing the apples, my dad reading the newspaper and lastly me, lost in my own thoughts.

"Sofie, how are you feeling now?" My dad enquired. "I'm better papa." I assured. He nodded and proceeded to read the newspaper. "Today we'll go out as we are here after long, and it's just us three, I want you to take us out." My mom announced eyeing my dad as he nodded followed by me. I didn't try to oppose mom's decision, as I too knew that she wouldn't agree or think about anything I'd say. So, the better option was to agree.

I heard my phone ring, while I tried my best to ignore it, but I could feel my mom side - eyeing me. I finished my breakfast as fast as I could, as I thought of an excuse. I got up, trying to be as calm as possible and peeped at my phone. It was Aria, thank God. "Who's it?" My mom enquired, eyeing me. "Oh, uh it's Aria." I said showing her the called ID. She didn't seem convinced but she went away anyways.

I picked up the call and talked casually "yup Ari? You alright? You just went! What's up?" I enquired, to which I could feel her roll her eyes, "yeah yeah grandma, I'm fine, are you okay? Had your medicines?" She asked me concerned. "Yes I did, now please focus on your class and make sure you don't miss notes so I can copy from yours later." I said hiding my giggle. "Alright, take care byee! And and update me if you need something, also I'll have extra drama class alright?" Seemed like she didn't want to get off phone, but yet again I chose to reply. "Alright, I don't need anything just be safe and focus, also we'll be going out, and I hope you have the keys. Please be okay about it." I asked a bit concerned. She sounded low, "umm okay no problem, I'll be fine! Enjoy. Just be safe." She said trying to bring back her cheerful nature, she knows it's hard for me to oppose mom.

Later that evening we got ready to head out while I was still talking to Alex, we were in chat, since I couldn't talk,

Author: Giving the chat like this hope y'all don't mind.

Alex: Where are y'all going?
Sophie: Umm, no idea, lemme ask mom

"M-mom where are we actually going?" With the phone in my hand. She side eyed me and replied "umm somewhere. Why? Whom do you want to inform?" She asked me with a look as if she was accusing me of something, as if she knew everything. I stumbled and replied, "Umm no, no one don't worry about it, just Aria." I looked down and deleted all the texts and chats and informed him that I'll go out and I'm deleting the chats. While I felt mom leaving my room. "Leave your phone here, I don't want you to be on it the whole time." She said as if she wasn't asking, but commanding. I obediently agreed and kept my phone and left.

We had dinner and came home, but Aria wasn't home yet, I went inside my room and took my phone, just when I heard, "Wait! Let me check your phone first." She said as if she was so sure of me doing something wrong. "But let me call Aria first." I said defencively. "First of all, you don't reply to me like that, second of all you know Aria has some extra class and she's not a child of class 2, she's old enough to take care of herself, and third, that my work is more important than whatever nonsense you want to do with your phone right now." She knew, she knew about me and Alex, I was sure at that point. I was praying for Aria to come back as soon as possible, but it wasn't in my hand anymore, how could my own mother talk to me like that? Ugh I hate her! I thought to myself. But slowly handed her the phone, "tell me the password." She was loud. "0202" I uttered. She opened the phone and straight went to Instagram, I was totally relieved that she wouldn't get his chat, but I saw that he texted!

Alex: I love you my baby it's okay I know we can't meet now but I'll love you
Alex: hey when will you be back?
Alex: I miss you baby!
Alex: I love you so muchh!

Even more, those texts were a total prove of my relationship which I didn't want mom to see. She looked at me in disbelief but with a smirk as if she was right. She straight went to my dad. "LOOK! LOOK WHAT YOUR DAUGHTER HAS BEEN DOING BEHIND OUR BACK." She said looking at me fiercely. Dad glanced at me and questioned my mom. While she read out those chats one by one, word by word. All those banging like a hammer on my head.

Both of them were soon shouting at me. I saw mom throw my phone somewhere far, towards the wall. I could feel my heart shutter. I didn't cry, I didn't let a single tear leave my eyes. They would be the proof of my defeat, I wasn't defeated. I loved him and I still love him and will love him. Everyday. And it was not a mistake. I had the intension of marrying him and had a pure thought behind all of it. And so I was not wrong. They didn't hear a single word from my mouth, neither did I try to force it. I didn't want to show any justifications, I was not wrong. She made me delete my account forcefully. I took that with my upright head. With no shame.

To love is not wrong.

------------------------------------------------
Heyy guys, I know I've posted after such a long time. I'm sorry for being caught up on stuffs. Really hope that each one of you would make an effort and read it!💗
Love love!
-Author Lily
------------------------------------------------