Rewind

Author's Note: Five thousand warnings! =D

~ Rivana Rita

PS. This is for the square "Lost" on the Bad Batch Bingo. ^-^ And it's also for Day 1 of Haunted Clone Week. :)

~ Amina Gila

After Bracca, after the explosion, and after his brothers nearly killed him, Crosshair was expecting to wake up in a medbay on Kamino. Instead, he wakes up... on the way to Bracca again. And he's trapped in a time loop of the worst day of his life, though something isn't adding up.

Instead, he wakes up... on the way to Bracca again.

Was last time a dream? A nightmare? It certainly feels like it, though Crosshair shouldn't be as surprised as he is that they hurt him. Of course, they did – it isn't as though they hadn't already left him. They already hurt him. When they left him was the second-worst day of his life, and Bracca was the worst.

But he's going back there again.

It felt real, but it isn't as though he hadn't had very vivid dreams before. Doesn't mean they've ever been anything like... this one was. This was so real, and it doesn't... make sense.

He tries not to think about it. Doesn't really think about it, except that this time, Crosshair doesn't find them on the auxiliary deck.

Doesn't find them at all, actually. He has no idea where they went.

***

It takes a few days – or rounds, or whatever – that Crosshair finally starts piecing something together. He's stuck in a time loop of this – of the worst day of his life, which can't really be the worst, considering that what happened the first time doesn't repeat again. Either way, he doesn't like it, and he has no idea what to do about it.

It's not stopping on its own, and it doesn't make sense.

Crosshair doesn't really know why he thought it would. It might make some sense if he could talk to Tech about it, if he could talk to his brothers about it, but that's obviously not possible, since he's supposed to kill them.

The one thing that's stayed true all these times is that he never actually succeeded, and he'll chalk it up to that for now. He doesn't know what else it'd be for, so he carries on. Again.

It's exhausting, and he's so, so angry. They left him, hurt him, and he wants to hurt them, too, just for that.

They're traitors, and he's here to kill them.

That's what he wants to do.

If he's stuck here until he succeeds, that's what he'll do. It's what he was supposed to do, anyway.

***

Getting crushed on the auxiliary deck was actually very painful, and this is also the last time he's making that mistake, Crosshair decides grumpily.

Also, he's adding this to the endless list of reasons to be angry at them. They hurt him, and they –

He's angry.

They abandoned him, and they hurt him and they – they killed him.

He doesn't care if they don't remember.

They still did it.

***

The next time, he misses them entirely. Crosshair has no idea what number this is – ten, maybe? It's exhausting.