Chapter Five: Chat with Dr.Saltzman

🚨 Author's notes: Near the end of the chapter there will be mention of a nervous attack, of panic...
If you feel uncomfortable, don't read it and move on.

THE CULLEN FAMILY WALKED THROUGH THE HALLWAYS, TOWARDS DR. SALTZMAN'S OFFICE. They were fascinated by everything they saw and heard during that day. They still had questions to be answered. And of course, the cold vampires would answer whatever the headmaster had.

They didn't want the same person, or any of the young people there, to feel threatened. Because they weren't a threat. Carlisle was a man of his word, and all family members respected the lives of others. But it was the Cullens.

They could be hundreds of years old, and advanced in maturity for those who didn't know them, but they froze during their youth. Their minds would always be curious, except for the monotonous and predictable lives of humans. The Cullens weren't surprised by much anymore.

But they had to admit that, spending the whole day watching many supernaturals performing feats that they had never heard or seen before, it was impossible not to be surprised and even let out enthusiastic smiles.

Renesmee noticed that her grandparents, uncles and parents quickened their step, after asking some students in the hallaways for directions, asking where the office was.

The girl took advantage of the moment to stay behind with Jacob, wanting an answer for one of the observations that day.

— What is the final verdict? — The hybrid asked, as she looked and saw her family turn into another hallway.

— What? — She heard the wolf reply in confusion.

— The guided tour for the school was interesting, don't you think? — Young Cullen went (not so) directly to the subject she wanted.

The brunette boy turned to the girl and replied, as they turned down the hallaway: — In fact, this school was something I wasn't expecting. And the visit was very well conducted by those witches.

— Of course it was.

— Why that look, Ness? — Jacob questioned, seeing the girl with a mischievous smile.

— I noticed that the blonde twin, Lizzie, caught your attention Jake. — Cullen said, bluntly.

— I don't know, I've never seen anyone as 'fiery' as her. — The brunette boy commented, while looking at the rest of the Cullens ahead.

— Well, she has a curiosity very close to her mouth. — The hybrid returned, agreeing with the previous sentence.

The Quililute wolf looked at the bronze-haired girl and immediately knew what she was talking about. He had already made jokes about how cold vampires shine in the sun.