"Hey, Colby?" Jeremy asked as he opened the door. "What?" I asked blandly as he sighed. "So uh....Max is here and he's pissed." Jeremy said as I rolled my eyes.

"How could you tell? Fucker can't talk." I said as Jeremy nodded slowly. "Just come and see." He said as I rolled my eyes and got up.

I didn't care to speak to Max. I didn't give a fuck if he was angry with Julia. She did everything she possibly could to protect herself.

And as far as how lethal she was, Max got off easy.

"What do you want?" I asked Max as he stomped over to me, an angry look on his face.

I actually had to hold back a laugh as he typed feverishly into his phone, since he couldn't speak.

"Where's Julia? I'm going to kill her." The robotic voice sounded from his phone. "I would cool it if I were you." Sam hummed as I glared at Max.

"She's recovering after killing Gold and Snake." I said simply as Max's eyes widened. His brows scrunched as he typed into his phone again.

"She actually killed them?" His phone repeated. "Yeah. They're all dead so let that word spread so people finally learn to leave her alone." I said then raised my eyebrows at him.

"Are we understood?" I asked as he nodded. "Good. Now get the fuck out of here." I said then turned to walk back to my old office.

Jeremy and Sam silently followed me down the hallways until we reached my old office. "Go find something to do." I said as Sam sighed.

"Don't shut down on us now, Colby. She needs you." Sam said as anger raged through my body.

"You don't think I know that, Sam?! I just need to be fucking alone, is that too much to ask?" I asked, stepping closer so I could get in his face.

"Yes! It is, Colby. You're beating yourself up over something that is out of your control. Julia wouldn't want you to worry about what you did because this situation was crazy." Sam seethed as I clenched my jaw.

"You can't shut us out." He said as I shook my head. "I can and I will." I said then took a step back and slammed the door in his face.

I knew he was just trying to help but all I needed right now was to be alone.

I went over to the desk and sat down, pulling out my phone so I could get out of my own head for a little bit.

No matter how hard I tried though, I couldn't stop thinking about Julia.

The look of fear she had as I pulled my gun out would haunt me forever, along with the way she whimpered my name when she realized I could kill her.

I don't know if I ever had it in me to kill her but there was a moment there when I thought I would have to.

I would have had to kill myself afterwards.

After sitting alone in silence for a while I decided I needed to check on Jules. I should have been by her side, but here I was moping in my old office by myself.

I made my way down the hallway then started to walk towards the infirmary. Before I could get there though I heard someone gasp loudly.

"Colby!" Juniper gasped, causing me to turn. "When did you guys get here?" I asked as Juniper ran to me.

"Just a couple minutes ago. Where's Julia?" Jenna asked as Nate guided the rest of the kids to me.

"Uhh..." I mumbled and lifted Juniper up and into my arms. "She's dead, isn't she?" Carter asked with a thick voice.

"I don't know." I said with a sigh. "She got really hurt, but I'm gonna go check on her now." I explained as Juniper shook her head.

"You said you'd save her." She said as my heart sunk. "I know." I said simply then looked at Nate.

"Watch them for just another minute?" I asked as he nodded. "Of course, man." He said as Jenna shook her head.

"I'm coming with you." She said as I sighed. "Jenna-" I started but was interrupted by her taking a step closer.

"No. You've been keeping us in the dark for too long. She's our sister, we deserve to know if she's dead or not." She snapped, an angry look on her face.

I was honestly a little bit amused because she reminded me so much of Julia in this moment.

Those two were a lot more similar than I think they would like to admit but that's why they often times didn't get along.

They were both traumatized by their mother and they both had to learn to fend for themselves.

"Fine. Who else is coming?" I asked and looked at the others. "We all are." Carter said as I sighed.

"Alright." I said then looked at Juniper. "Sissy might not be okay. If it gets too bad for you to handle, you let me know. Okay?" I asked as she nodded, a timid look in her eye.

"Let's go." I said then led the way. When we got to the infirmary, Jeremy was talking to the doctor and a woman next to him.

"What's going on?" I asked as Juniper wrapped her arms around my neck, hiding her face into it.

"The baby is stable for the time being. They're keeping it monitored because Julia's body is unstable." Jeremy explained as I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.

"What do you mean by unstable?" I asked, trying to keep myself composed for the kids. "She's been through some pretty bad trauma, but she's fighting really hard." The doctor said as my heart skipped a beat.

"We stitched her up and gave her a blood transfusion and she's accepting it really well." He explained. "Can we see her?" Little Sam asked as the doctor nodded. "Right this way." He said then led the way to the room.

"Colby, I don't want to see her." Juniper whimpered as I nodded, holding her close. "Okay kid." I said then looked at Nate.

"Mind taking her?" I asked as he shook his head. "Not at all. Maybe we can go find something to eat down here." Nate suggested.

"I don't want to leave Colby." Juniper mumbled as I sighed and brought my hand to her cheek.

"I want to check on sissy and make sure she's okay. I'll catch up with you guys in a little while." I said as she pouted her lip.

"Promise?" She asked and held her pinky up. It broke my heart knowing how much this poor little girl has been through.

I couldn't imagine the confusion she was going through since all of this started.

Being dragged around and placed into hiding was hard for anyone, but it was especially hard for a five year old. She was always so strong just like her older sister.

I sighed then kissed her head before looking down at her pinky.

"Promise." I said then linked my pinky through hers.