"They're gone." Fulton's hand appears in the darkness. I reach out and grab it for guidance.

"Watch the tower. Watch the tower!" Portman instructs with a twinge of panic for his creation as I worm my way out, free my dark green flannel from the splintered bedpost and back to my feet.

"It's fine." I roll my eyes at him. "Thanks." I turn to Fulton.

"Why were they chasing you with makeup?" My boyfriend quizzes.

"Because my scoring slump has extended to face-off bets. They already got Averman and a couple of the others. I've never run that fast in my life. I left Luis in my dust."

"You got that fight or flight speed." Portman comments.

"Yeah, but I did also shove him into a bush to get an advantage."

"I'd pay to see that." They laugh at the thought.

"You should see the other guys. The girls somehow made them look pretty." I scoff. "Kenny seemed to like it a little too much. Dwayne just let them have their fun - he's got sisters, so it's not his first rodeo."

"Well, you made it out alive. Wanna play some stick jenga?" Fulton tries to move things along.

"Sure. How'd you steal all these?"

"They keep 'em all in the same place - we just grabbed as many as we could and ran." Portman briefly explains.

"But why take goalie sticks? Trying to take those would be a suicide play."

"Exactly! Adds to the thrill factor."

"You guys are insane... I love it!"

Without missing a beat, I join the game with a laser focus. We go from random chatting and singing along to silently studying the structure as the others try to throw us off. Admittedly, I whack them with a freshly removed stick a couple of times due to their antics.

"I knew it!" Julie shouts as the door suddenly bursts open, making me jump out of my skin. "I told you she'd be in here!"

"That's the first and last time I give Portman the benefit of the doubt." Connie remarks.

"Hey, hey, hey! We can talk about this! Just put the weapon down!" I plead with my hands raised in surrender.

"It's not a weapon, it's an eyelash curler." Connie corrects me.

"No, it's an eyeball remover! And I'm not letting you take my eyes!" I stand my ground as the guys form a partial wall in front of me.

"Don't worry, you can't feel it." Charlie appears out of nowhere with a full face of makeup and red nails.

"What the fuck?" I stare with wide eyes.

"They got to you too?" Fulton attempts to stifle laughter.

"Looking good, Conway." Dean chuckles with a hint of sincerity.

"Thanks, man." He smiles. "You know, Y/N, a little bit of makeup isn't gonna kill you." His pointed comment riles me up and sets up his departure.

"Oh, shut up, Charlie!" I explode as he runs away.

"He's right, Y/N, you're being dramatic." Connie sides with him.

"Come on, Connie, you know how she feels about this stuff." Fulton stands up for me.

"Yeah, but she's the one making the bets." I wish she was lying, but I thought my luck would've turned by now.

"And she keeps getting out of them." Julie chimes in.