13

CHAPTER  13

TW: SC#RS

CHAPTER 13 - THE BEGINNING

" They asked, "Do you love her to death?"  I said "speak of her over my grave and watch how she brings me back to life" ''

POV OF FEYRE AZURA

I've resolved that post my breakup with Draco, serenity will be my shield, and I'll strive to escape him and his bothersome followers at all costs. No encounter with him or my sister shall evade my focus.

An overwhelming torrent of anger courses through me at the mere thought of them. All I yearn for is to inflict upon them the pain I've borne for the past four years, to make them endure what I have felt. Vengeance kills me as I crave to see them suffer, to understand the anguish of desperately wanting to end one's life but failing at every turn.

Yet, I won't succumb to his tortures. I refuse to be submissive. I am dedicating myself to achieving my goals—to escape this school. I'll ignore any attempts he makes to harm me.

Lying in bed, eyes fixed on the ceiling, I am immersed in hallucinatory thoughts.

The night preceding the dreaded first day of school has arrived. I strive to envision ways to steer clear of Draco and my pathetic sister.

My mind, however, keeps conjuring scenarios that play out on the ceiling, illuminated by the moonlight seeping through the window. As I close my eyes, I hope tomorrow won't be as harrowing. I flutter my eyes close and darkness emerges.

School mornings are an ordeal. The incessant chirping of birds assaults my ears at 6 a.m. My hands search through the soft sheets, an inauspicious beginning to the day.

"Get out of the shower faster! I need to use the bathroom!" I yell, my impatience mounting. Aesteria's leisurely pace in the shower irritates me. Time is ticking, and I'm on the verge of being late.

"Fucking hell! Get the fuck out!" I scream in frustration, the urgency evident in my pounding on the bathroom door.

Fully dressed, I notice my shirt is loose, providing the perfect cover for the scars on my wrists. Buttoning up my shirt, I observe my reflection from the opposing mirror, realizing how thin I've become—thinner than even my sister. The very one I have been compared to my whole life.

"Hey, Aesteria. Do you mind if I borrow your clothes?"

Prepared and perfumed, I wait for Aesteria, hoping she takes an eternity to get ready. My reluctance for class is overwhelming, almost on the brink of skipping. Snape's strict punishments, however, prevent me.

As Aesteria emerges, she notices a change in me. Dragging me to the mirror, she remarks, "You look different. So different. Sort of better." A chuckle escapes her lips.

Better? I'm taken aback by her assessment, her words lingering as we head to the great hall.

In the great hall, the anticipation builds. Aesteria and I navigate the crowded corridors, avoiding gazes that could bring back haunting memories.

"Whatever it is, don't look at their faces," I caution Aesteria, a silent agreement passing between us.

As we enter the great hall, the grandeur of the surroundings hits me. Tables filled with food, gold walls, and chandeliers. A whole year of enduring this place lies ahead.

This year, perhaps, will be different. I can only hope so.

We take our seats at the Slytherin table. Aesteria distracts me with chatter about her boyfriend, Oliver Wood. Despite her efforts, my eyes search for a sight I dread—the presence of Malfoy and his group. I pray they won't show up; otherwise, I'm in for a challenging year.

"Stop looking for them," Aesteria sternly advises, bringing me back to the present. "You wanted to avoid them, not to look for them."

Right, avoid them.

Asteria was like a mother figure to me. Always guiding me in the right direction. Asteria was also extremely upfront - she will speak what comes to mind. Whether that's scolding, shouting or laughing. I can trust her, for being honest.

She is rather the opposite of me. I'm not one to reveal my thoughts, keeping my true self hidden, sometimes even from Aesteria. My father's words resonate with me: "I am not a talker." I find solace in silence and peaceful contemplation.

Aesteria, my best friend since my arrival at this school, is my only saviour. She knows everything and is Professor Snape's favorite student. Survival in his classes was possible only because I became her friend.

A/N - I hope in this chapter we learned more about her issues and her close friend - Asteria. Next chapter we will be looking into her other friends and how they build her character.

Thank you and remember to vote :)